JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Ordering your birth kit (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2242948-ordering-your-birth-kit.html)

Twinkle February 8th, 2011 08:45 AM

Ordering your birth kit

Does your midwife expect you to buy a birth kit? Or does she just provide a list of supplies for you to purchase?

inyourhonor February 8th, 2011 09:41 AM

Re: Ordering your birth kit

we buy the birth kit and she had a list of extras

navywifey2003 February 8th, 2011 11:11 AM

We need to buy a birth kit.

HippyMomOf4 February 8th, 2011 11:54 AM

Actually I'm not sure I just bought my birth tub and asked if she wanted me to buy the north kit she had listed on the website and she said no. So I'm not sure if she has one that I get through here. Ill be asking at my next appt

HappyHippy February 8th, 2011 12:05 PM

She does both. You can either buy them from the store, or you can buy a kit. She has a custom kit at In His Hands, so I bought mine from there.

navywifey2003 February 8th, 2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomOf2Goddesses (Post 23002295)
Actually I'm not sure I just bought my birth tub and asked if she wanted me to buy the north kit she had listed on the website and she said no. So I'm not sure if she has one that I get through here. Ill be asking at my next appt

Denise when we will filling out the paperwork with her at our last appointment she said we did need to order one but not from where so when you find out let me know. ;)

mommybugnbugga February 8th, 2011 04:58 PM

My midwife supplies it and then she has a list of extras that we have to purchase.

breathing for two February 8th, 2011 07:05 PM

My midwife also has a custom kit from In His Hands, we're required to buy it for ourselves, but I'm pretty sure she'll buy it for you if you can't afford it.

bre4thewin February 8th, 2011 08:39 PM

The birth kit is included. She has a list of supplies to get though

WendyBird February 22nd, 2011 01:44 PM

I have to buy it. But I can buy it as a kit or separetely.

Earthy.Mama February 22nd, 2011 09:26 PM

The kit is included in her fee. She did give us a list of recommended things to have on hand and buy such as towels, extra blankets etc.. That's all I can think of really. Oh, food for all of us.

Alison79 February 23rd, 2011 12:19 AM

I bought a kit for the last two births, but I had so many supplies left over that I ended up only needing a few things. For my last birth she had an extra kit from a Mom who had to transport before labor so I bought hers.

andi2284 February 28th, 2011 07:09 PM

I asked this at our consult and she said she doesn't ask us to buy a birth kit, but will give us a list of supplies, some we have aroudn the house and some we might need to buy.

Martha83 March 2nd, 2011 11:38 AM

WE have a list of supplies that we will need to purchase....I looked at it the other day when I was looking at birth kits online and not much of what is in the kits is on the list...very few things....so I will be purchasing what I need individually...since there are several things I already have...so pretty easy there