JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Midwife Coming to our Home (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2253896-midwife-coming-to-our-home.html)

lrowe70 February 19th, 2011 10:08 PM

Midwife Coming to our Home

Somewhat random but just had to share...

On Monday we have our monthly appointment with our midwife.
She shares a 1 room office with a male doctor and due to scheduling stuff she didn't feel she would be able to devote enough time to just us. So we decided it would be best if she comes to our house. :)

Seems like such a simple thing, but honestly I'm THRILLED. Like this somehow makes the whole homebirth thing more real. Also I like the idea that I can just get up, shower, put on my robe, and wait... She told us she would do a home visit at about 36 weeks to be sure everything is ready for the birth, but it was assumed that everything else would be done at her office.

I really have no idea what to expect nor do I really know what a home visit appointment even looks like. However I don't care. I can't see any reason it won't be comfortable and great.

Crazy how even the simplist things can be exciting. ...now off to clean the house.

andi2284 February 20th, 2011 05:59 AM

Re: Midwife Coming to our Home

That's great! That's one thing that suprised me about home birth midwives so far, I always thought they all came to your home for appointments. Once I started researching them, I realized many only make a few home visits. The one I'm really looking into now does all home visits, so we've also looked at hte cost savings of not driving somewhere (35-45 min) for every appointment. It will be so nice to, I don't have to work around anything for appointments and drag both of the girls out of the house for them.

mommybugnbugga February 20th, 2011 02:00 PM

that is wonderful to hear. I must say I am slightly jealous that she is coming to you for your appointments. KUP on how things go :)

sodagirl February 20th, 2011 07:37 PM

Yay!!! I think sometimes midwives like to come to your house to get a feel for what it will be like for the home birth too. So nice!

HippyMomOf4 February 20th, 2011 07:57 PM

That's awesome mine comes to my house at 36 weeks.

Earthy.Mama February 21st, 2011 07:53 AM

My MW has only ever come to my house so I'm on the opposite spectrum, I don't know what it feels like to have to go SEE the MW :lol:

It's really laid back. She would come in, talk for a minute, give me my pee strip, take my blood pressure, feel my tummy (check me if I was far enough along), talk about my diet and weight and any weird feelings I've been having.

lrowe70 February 21st, 2011 08:51 PM

Appointment postponed.
Another woman went into early labor and she had to attend to that.
No biggie, though I think my husband was a little disappointed. I had to point out to him that that woman obviously took priority over our 15 week check up, and of course when our baby arrives we would get the preferred treatment.

On a more positive note, we got the house clean! lol

Twinkle February 22nd, 2011 10:05 AM

Sorry to hear your appt got postponed, but sounds like it was for a good reason. KUP!

Earthy.Mama February 22nd, 2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrowe70 (Post 23133578)
Appointment postponed.
Another woman went into early labor and she had to attend to that.
No biggie, though I think my husband was a little disappointed. I had to point out to him that that woman obviously took priority over our 15 week check up, and of course when our baby arrives we would get the preferred treatment.

On a more positive note, we got the house clean! lol

Now that's positive thinking!! :)

sodagirl February 22nd, 2011 10:20 PM

Well I'm glad your house is clean :)