JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Gift for your midwife? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2256072-gift-for-your-midwife.html)

Twinkle February 22nd, 2011 10:11 AM

Gift for your midwife?

Will you be getting your midwife a gift after you give birth? For our BTDT mamas, did you do a gift afterwards?

Kelllilee February 22nd, 2011 11:36 AM

Re: Gift for your midwife?

I did get my midwife a gift. She always wears scrubs to births, so I bought her a scrub shirt and embroidered it with her name and a birth quote. She loved it!

WendyBird February 22nd, 2011 12:26 PM

Oh man, gifts? Isn't the thousands I'm paying her enough? LOL

Kelllilee February 22nd, 2011 12:40 PM

It's certainly not a requirement ;) LOL Some people give a gift as simple as a photo of the baby, a card, or a plate of cookies. Some give more expensive gifts. I spent about $15.

mommybugnbugga February 22nd, 2011 02:24 PM

I was thinking about getting her and her BA a midsize Scentsy warmer with a couple of Scentsy bars. Think it is appropriate? A friend of mine knitted her midwife a Uterus model.

sodagirl February 22nd, 2011 05:08 PM

I totally meant to. I should send then a thank you photo and I mean to send a restaurant gift card - I really wanted to because they helped me through 2 miscarriages and never got payed a dime for that.

lrowe70 February 22nd, 2011 10:54 PM

yikes, hadn't even thought of it!
Yes I'm sure we will, no idea what at this time.

Alison79 February 22nd, 2011 11:15 PM

I gave her a photobook with pictures from two of my births. With Eleanor she was pregnant and due just a few weeks after me and I got her a newborn session with a local photographer. She's also my best friend so I wanted to do something special ;)

sharita February 23rd, 2011 11:11 AM

OOOhhh, I better get on this as well. I will be searching for ideas like maybe something personalized with her name or relating to the profession. I will have to think on this.

navywifey2003 February 23rd, 2011 11:33 AM

Im going to have to think of something I am sure I will get her something.

HippyMomOf4 February 23rd, 2011 11:58 AM

I have no idea LOL I'm not good with gifts maybe a necklace from estys

Martha83 February 24th, 2011 06:54 PM

LittleMissKnockedUp...LOL...I'm with you...I think the nearly 4K I'm paying her is gift enough lol :) Though I'll probably still give her a print if I get a good one of her and baby....and btw...the bug in your siggy I totally thought was a bug on my screen. LOL!!! I was like WTH?? Oh wait! LOL