JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   First outfits (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2256074-first-outfits.html)

Twinkle February 22nd, 2011 11:11 AM

First outfits

Instead of a coming home outfit, will you plan a special outfit for your baby's first clothing?

mommybugnbugga February 22nd, 2011 11:39 AM

Re: First outfits

Since we aren't finding out the Gender, I am going to knit up a tiny little skirtie and a pair of longies to put with a homebirth t-shirt.

Sweet xoxo February 22nd, 2011 12:28 PM

Yeah. I always pick out a first outfit. It's usually a sleeper with a matching cap. It's something special I enjoy setting out weeks before delivery...just to get hyped up for new baby.
We're having a little boy for #4 and this is my first attempt at a home birth... His outfit is white and baby blue with puppies on it. Comes with a matching cap and receiving blanket!
SO EXCITED!

navywifey2003 February 22nd, 2011 03:29 PM

I plan on doing this. We are not finding out the gender so I will have a little girl outfit and a little boy outfit. Complete with matching knitted hat made from someone in my PR.

HippyMomOf4 February 22nd, 2011 07:46 PM

I'm planning for a cute sleeper just haven't found the perfect one yet and a cute matching hat

bre4thewin February 22nd, 2011 07:54 PM

A friend is knitting me shorties and a little cap. Im also buying an HB advocacy onsie that might me cute

Earthy.Mama February 22nd, 2011 09:25 PM

I have Kailey's (hospital) but with Nola I didn't plan anything special. I do still have the sleeper gown we put her in, but it wasn't planned.

Oh I miss planning for a baby :( Can't wait to POAS Friday!

lrowe70 February 22nd, 2011 11:53 PM

I found a few cute home and waterbirth onsies that we may get.
However we're also getting some super cute cloth diapers that have pictures embroidered on the butt so there's a chance our babe will be in nothing but a diaper for awhile.

Alison79 February 23rd, 2011 12:18 AM

I got a special shirt that said : Born Safely, Born Simply, Born at Home. We didn't know the sex but I got a blue shirt - must have had a feeling ;)

I was going to link to the site I got it from but she is no longer in business :(

bre4thewin February 23rd, 2011 09:43 AM

This one Allison? They arent in buisness? oh im so sad! this is the one i wanted to buy!

Organic Homebirth Advocacy Baby Tshirt Born by earthboundbaby

lrowe70 February 23rd, 2011 08:34 PM

I found several similar shirts at cafepress.

Martha83 February 24th, 2011 07:51 PM

I bough the one Bre posted....Bre you might contact the owner and see if they are willing to make one....they were very friendly and fast....they may have supplies in stock....he had said something about taking too long to respond and possibly not doing it anymore if I remember correctly...anyway...worth a shot....I have one and it's perfect...I plan on using some knitted items I already have or maybe making something new and special just for the first outfit....we'll see.