JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   The new birth show... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2264358-new-birth-show.html)

Twinkle March 2nd, 2011 06:03 PM

The new birth show...

on Lifetime... One Born Every Minute.

Have you watched it??

andi2284 March 2nd, 2011 06:41 PM

Re: The new birth show...

I watched the first episode and I was not crazy about it. I don't like over-dramatized births.

Martha83 March 2nd, 2011 06:58 PM

I dont have satellite or cable so I get to watch things like this six or more years later when they aren't cool anymore! LOL...I used to love watching birth shows when we DID have that stuff....but at the same time...I just loved the babies on them lol...I usually didn't care for the view on the shows....I did watch one once that was great....a mom gave birth vaginally to twins (something you didn't see on the shows often) and she did it drug free....I was rootin' for her LOL

pink_piggy March 2nd, 2011 07:32 PM

I watched the first three episodes and said "that's it, I'm done" I cannot stand how they show the cameras all the time and make the noises of them moving. It's all over dramatic and those ladies definitely haven't had a birth that I would want as my own.

mommybugnbugga March 3rd, 2011 09:45 AM

I watched a couple episodes but it made me so mad. The nurses on that show act like there is no way other than drugs for a childbirth. They talk down to anyone who wants to hold off or (god forbid) go natural.

sharita March 3rd, 2011 01:04 PM

I hated the first episode. I laughed at the ignorance of medical staff about birth and that it happens with or without all those unessesary interventions and how they were causing more probs than preventing.

The second was a bit better and more entertaining. I just have to grit my teeth sometimes watching any kind of birth show as it just irritates me allthe overdramatizing they do and my biggest pet peeve... The couting loud at you as you are pushing!!! I guess in first time moms or those with epidural or those that obviously aren't pushing effectively, maybe a bit of coaching but they act like the baby wont come out unless they are shouting 1, 2, 3, 4, .. at you as you push.

PinkFireFly March 4th, 2011 01:47 AM

Nope and I refuse to watch it...

lrowe70 March 4th, 2011 03:40 AM

Saw the first 2 episodes. Not my cup of tea.

HappyHippy March 4th, 2011 12:13 PM

I watch it. It makes me annoyed to see that they just lay there in bed. I really enjoyed watching the teen couple though, the emotion and excitment was great. I liked seeing that the boyfriend was there for her and the moment the girl had with her dad was priceless.