JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Contraction timers? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2285854-contraction-timers.html)

Twinkle March 25th, 2011 11:14 AM

Contraction timers?

When does your m/w want you to contact her about your contractions?

Lindsey608 March 25th, 2011 11:40 AM

Re: Contraction timers?

Wrong forum Christine? :lol:

Twinkle March 25th, 2011 11:49 AM

yup, totally posted this in my PR! I need coffeee!!!!!!!

Martha83 March 25th, 2011 03:55 PM

ha ha ha....oopsie!

We'll call her when we expect it to be the real deal. I think that she still goes by the "five minutes apart for 2 hours" type of thing....but she also said that if I know it's the real deal and they aren't coming in that interval to call....really depends more on how I'm handling them rather than how far apart they are....if I can't talk thru them anymore she'll be on her way LOL....

If allowed to get too close together I'll be having this baby without her LOL....Once I hit about 5 or 4 minutes apart and they are painful...it's usually about pushing time. I go from 6/7 to pushing in a matter of minutes LOL

HippyMomOf4 March 25th, 2011 07:35 PM

She said when I feel like its true labor. With all my babies my contractions started at 3-4 min apart so its hard to judge for me sometimes

Effervescence April 3rd, 2011 11:39 AM

Anything that feels "different" that leads me to believe this is it.I was nearly two weeks "late" with Eve, and that last week I kept in contact with her, either with a message on her office machine saying "nope, no changes" or a call to her pager saying "uhhhh.... somethings going on" LOL I can't remember the number of times DH paged her. I felt really badly for bothering her so much, but she told me she appreciated it so she could plan accordingly. I had a long prodromal labor, and to be honest even though I knew it was going to be a day or two, I needed to check in more for support than anything else, I just needed someone to say "I know it's been a long time, I know it hurts, but you're doing good and it will turn out okay" but she didn't need to be there or anything. This might sound creepy, but I just needed to hear her encouraging voice periodically through that part of labor. When I was in actual active labor, we called and told her that I was certain the baby would be there SOON. Se told me to call her when the contractions got overwhelming or fell into a pattern. Well that never happened LOL So finally DH called her and she said she was coming and it's a good thing he did, because she was only there a half hour before the baby had been born. She lived a half hour away so if we had waited any longer, we would have had an unassisted, or probably her assistant would have at least been there because she lived in our town, only a few minutes away- she got there a while before the midwife