JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   So as long as I get my bp under control with my meds... I am a go for homebirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2292045-so-long-i-get-my-bp-under-control-my-meds-i-am-go-for-homebirth.html)

Christy72 April 1st, 2011 08:24 AM

So as long as I get my bp under control with my meds... I am a go for homebirth

Yay! I have a wonderful group of CNM's that will be attending my birth. I have to travel out of state and stay in a hotel, but it will be sooo worth it. I leave in a few weeks to get ready. I am so excited!!! And (not that it matters, but it is a plus) the CNM's are covered by my insurance. :D

Martha83 April 1st, 2011 08:40 AM

Re: So as long as I get my bp under control with my meds... I am a go for homebirth

WOO HOO on the insurance...WOO HOO on the birth...and WOO HOO that it's soooo close.....Can't wait to hear your story!!!!

Christy72 April 5th, 2011 05:11 PM

Re: So as long as I get my bp under control with my meds... I am a go for homebirth

Well plans change fast apparently. Right after I posted this I got a call from my m/w. The homebirth is out. :( I had a "uterine window" noted during my last c-section and the midwife is no longer comfortable. I did find a more natural friendly doctor to help me.

Martha83 April 5th, 2011 06:49 PM

oh no!! What is uterine window??

HUGS...Glad you found a natural friendly doc but what a bummer!!!

Twinkle April 7th, 2011 05:48 PM

I'm so sorry.... but I'm glad you've found a good NCB doctor... Please keep us updated!!! ((HUGS))

WendyBird April 8th, 2011 01:04 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry! That stinks!!! Are you completely out of options? Are there any other avenues you can pursue? How much time were you planning on staying in IN? Were you driving down when you started your birthing time, or were you going on a date? The Farm is only 9 hours from you, right? Is that something you would even consider? I don't think you'd want to drive 9 hours during your birthing time, but I would do it if it came to that or a hospital in your situation.

lrowe70 April 9th, 2011 06:58 PM

Sorry it didn't work out as planned.
What exactly is a Uterine Window?

Christy72 April 14th, 2011 09:45 PM

The Farm won't take me because I am a vba3c without a prior vaginal birth. I already called them.

A uterine window is essentially a thinning of the uterus around your incision area. It is so thin they can see through your uterus. Will it rupture... that is the million dollar question. Is it even still there with this baby, yeah don't know. The OB that has taken me is in St. Louis and just spoke at the ICAN conference. I do trust him, but the whole birth atmosphere in the hospital will be much harder for me to deal with.

SillyKitty April 16th, 2011 08:36 AM

I'm sorry you aren't going to be able to get a home birth, but I hope you get to deliver naturally with the new doc. Part of what keeps home birth low risk is home birth midwives knowing when it is and isn't safe to deliver at home. As pro-NCB and home birth as I am, I don't think I'd risk it with a uterine window at home.