JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   April/May Check In! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2311785-april-may-check.html)

Sk8ermaiden April 25th, 2011 01:07 PM

April/May Check In!

Doesn't look like we've had one yet! Lurkers and FSBCs please respond too!

Name:
Children's Names:
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home?
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done?
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming?

What's new in life?

Post a pic of your kid/s!!

GrowBabyGrow April 25th, 2011 03:08 PM

Re: April/May Check In!

Name: Sarah

Children's Names: Button, Pie and Pboy

Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? First was a terrible hospital birth, then two freestanding birth center births

What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? Pregnant

Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? Around 10-11 weeks, I just called my first midwife today. We are meeting on Wednesday and I am really excited!

lrowe70 April 25th, 2011 10:18 PM

Pregnant with baby #1, due early August, think I'm about 26 weeks now.
We're planning a home waterbirth. We're excited, scared, nervous...all the normal new parent jitters.

mommybugnbugga April 26th, 2011 07:57 AM

Name: Shanna
Children's Names: Lizzie and Jessiah
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? Both were hospital births
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? 22 (almost 23) weeks pregnant. Plans are going good. I hired a wonderful doula last week and I am so excited to work with her. She is an amazing woman, not to mention she also works as a birth assistant for my midwife (just won't during my labor) which means during my birth, I will technically have my midwife plus 3 B.A.'s present. Which has made everyone around me even more relaxed about my homebirth plans just in case something goes wrong.

What's new in life? We found out recently that dh will be deploying next month and it is going to very close if he will make it home for the birth. If baby comes before 39 weeks he shouldn't be here, if baby comes 39 weeks it is a 50/50 shot that he will be here, if baby comes 40 weeks or later he should be here!

Sk8ermaiden April 26th, 2011 08:53 AM

Name: Kellie
Children's Names: Elizabeth
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? Attempted to be born at home and transferred after 6 hours of pushing and had a c/s.
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? We will be TTC in Nov!! Squeeee!!!
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? I am not pregnant, but I have a preconception appointment with my midwife on Thursday and am really trying to get a backup doctor situation nailed down.

What's new in life? Just getting excited to TTC! I am a SERIOUS overpreparer, but it is really fun for me - not stressful. :)

She is so big!!!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...n/IMG_1081.jpg

pink_piggy April 26th, 2011 10:41 AM

Name: Shannon

Children's Names:

What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? Super pregnant

Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? getting closer to 42wk every day. Home birth plans are all set, just need my baby to decide she's ready to make her appearance.

What's new in life? Not a lot, unfortunately I'm ridiculously miserable and ready for baby to come. I'm having a hard time staying positive w/ how much pain I'm in, so if anyone has some words of encouragement pls send my way... I really need them!

Post a pic of your kid/s!! :(

Effervescence April 26th, 2011 11:19 AM

I haven't been very active on this board, but have been lurking since my baby was about three months old (I was active while pregnant and when she was teeny though!)

Name: Jess
Children's Names: Jonah and Evelyn (Evie)
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? Jonah was a hospital birth, induction, typical hospital ride. Evie was born at home. I want any future babies to be born at home, but we are not sure if that's a possibility at this point :( It breaks my heart
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? I want to TTC, but DH says he is done. We're thinking about adopting even though we both really want to be pregnant again. DH is a carrier of a genetic disorder, and any babies we have will have a 50% chance of having it- it causes severe heart defects and other life threatening conditions. It scares both of us. We didn't know he was a carrier until after Eve was born. She is healthy, our older boy it turns out has it and it is what has caused all of his medical problems :(

What's new in life? Not much... Eve is starting to walk and talk. She asked me to "help" her yesterday, which was a hoot. Planting our gardens, if the rain ever lets up.

Here's Eve, my home birth baby. I can't believe it was almost eleven months ago! Wow...
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...d/DSC_0357.jpg

beckiethedoula April 26th, 2011 11:22 AM

Name:Beckie
Children's Names: Alex and Cassidy
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? Hospital birth and planned home birth with transfer to OB care in 3rd trimester for PIH then Hospital birth.
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? 32+5 and we're making our last adjustments for baby to be here!

What's new in life? Same stuff same day! heheh...

I couldn't find any recent pics of Alex, so here is Cassidy! For your viewing pleasure!
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/cassholi.jpg

Martha83 April 26th, 2011 03:13 PM

Name: Martha
Children's Names: Emma 8, Elzie 6, Gretchen 5, Olive 2
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? The three oldest were hospital births, induced, the girls were completely unmedicated besides the induction...I had nubain with my son (did nothing but make me want to sleeeeeep)....Olive was born in a freestanding birth center in the water :)
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? 36+2 preggo :) Only 5 more days until it's "safe" to have a homebirth....only 3.5 more weeks until his EDD....I'm sure I'll make it to the EDD....

Just had our home visit...all is well...just a few more things to get and prepare for....

What's new in life? Not much...OH we finally joined the "real world" and retired our old tube tv (it was dying)....and so we have a flat screen tv now....oy....insanity I tell ya! LOL

~*3 little bears*~ April 28th, 2011 10:37 AM

Name: Sarah
Children's Names:Jackson & Mackenna
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home?Hopsital births, first was failed induction ending in c/s 2 days later. Second was a VBAC attempt, ended with c/s due to breech presentation
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? preggers
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming?21 weeks and everything is looking great for the homebirth, I am super beyong excited about it just wish my insurance would stop being such a pain about it

What's new in life? Not a whole lot right now, found out two weeks ago that this baby is a girl and she is getting really active these days

Post a pic of your kid/s!!http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2977261_n.jpg

andi2284 April 28th, 2011 07:47 PM

Name: Andrea
Children's Names: Abigail and Annabelle
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? My first was a hospital birth, my second was a natural birth at a birth center
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? I'm 24 weeks and so far so good! My 2nd appt with my midwife is Saturday and everything is still on track for a home birth

What's new in life? We just got back from vacation earlier this week, so I'm still catching up on everything

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...apr25018-1.jpg
A picture of both girls last week at the aquarium

SillyKitty April 28th, 2011 09:24 PM

Name: Jess

Children's Names: I won't list their names on a public forum, but I have two dd's

DD#1 was a hospital birth
DD#2 was born at a freestanding birth center with the same group of midwives that I am using now. I labored in the tub with her, got out (my choice) for the delivery, and went home 4 hours later.

What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? I am currently pregnant with #3

Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the home birth plans coming? I will be 16 weeks tomorrow. I transferred into the care of my midwives in my 11th week. I am very happy with them and so far everything is on track for a home birth.

What's new in life?
Nothing much except that I'm starting to waddle!

Lonomia April 30th, 2011 12:03 AM

Name: Stef

Children's Names: Thuya & Kye

Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? Both born at home.
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? We are happily done.

What's new in life? Nothing out of the ordinary here!

sugarloafbaby April 30th, 2011 01:20 PM

Children's Names: DD- Dallas Mae, 10 months
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? planned hospital birth
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? Pregnant!
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? 6 weeks on Sunday- I am due December 25th, Christmas Day! First meeting w/ homebirth midwife on May 4th
What's new in life? Hubby just started working from home, yay!

Quantum_Leap May 20th, 2011 06:51 AM

Name: Molly
Children's Names: Charlie, and expecting Beau Prescott 7/23/11
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? Charlie was born in a hospital in Kuwait. For Beau we're planning a homebirth.
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? Pregnant.
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? Almost 31 weeks. Haven't really started the homebirth plans other than booking the midwives. We'll be doing all of that really intensively once we fly home to the States on June 11th (we're in China now finishing up the school year).

What's new in life? We get to go home to the States in three weeks! :bluecheer:

Post a pic of your kid/s!! In my siggy.

Sassafrass May 20th, 2011 07:55 AM

Name:Serena

Children's Names: Brady, Olivia, Gavin, Jaiden, Gage, Sloan

Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? First 5 were unmediciated vaginal hospital births. Last baby was a home water birth

What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? pregnant

Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? 15 weeks 4 days. No major plans yet, but will be doing another home water birth.

HappyHippy May 20th, 2011 12:51 PM

Name: Jenn
Children's Names: Hunter and Liev
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? Hunter at hospital, Liev at home
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? WTTC

What's new in life? Nothing much

PinkFireFly May 21st, 2011 10:14 AM

Name: kelly
Children's Names: noelle
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? a less than ideal hospital birth
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done?WTTC starting November or January
What's new in life? just trying to make it through school

east to west coast June 4th, 2011 11:47 AM

Name: Melissa
Children's Names: I'm pregnant with our first, and we're on team green. If it's a boy we're naming him Cassius, and if it's a girl we're naming her Violet.
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? We're planning a midwife-attended home birth.
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? Pregnant, with an EDD of Oct. 3rd.
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? I'm 23 weeks tomorrow. I've been seeing 2 midwives (who work together) since I was 5 weeks pregnant, and absolutely LOVE them. I was diagnosed with marginal anterior placenta previa at 15 weeks, and my status was upgraded to a low-lying placenta, so we're just keeping our fingers crossed that it keeps moving to enable me to have the home birth that we've been planning.

MissusF June 4th, 2011 03:15 PM

Name: Melissa
Children's Names: n/a
Were they hospital births? Born at home? Attempted to be born at home? planning a homebirth
What is your status? TTC? Pregnant? WTTC or done? pregnant
Pregnant ladies, how far along are you and how are the homebirth plans coming? We are in the beginning stages of planning our homebirth. My midwife will be my only prenatal care provider and we've only met with her once (have another appointment coming up later this month). I'm only about 6 weeks along right now so we're still wrapping our heads around the fact that I'm pregnant :)

What's new in life?