JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   OB attended homebirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2313682-ob-attended-homebirth.html)

HappyHippy April 27th, 2011 10:47 AM

OB attended homebirth

Would you ever let a OB attend your homebirth? Either in place of a MW, back up or observer?

I think I would, as long as they agreed not to interfear.

Sk8ermaiden April 27th, 2011 11:20 AM

Re: OB attended homebirth

Totally would!

HappyHippy April 27th, 2011 11:37 AM

My DH wants Marsden Wagner to attend our next birth. He's not a OB though, but my DH thinks he's the coolest man alive!

HippyMomOf4 April 27th, 2011 11:41 AM

I would if the agreed to be hands off

Sk8ermaiden April 27th, 2011 11:47 AM

I tend to agree with your husband!

navywifey2003 April 27th, 2011 11:49 AM

I would, to educate them. :)

Martha83 April 27th, 2011 01:04 PM

I would for observation as long as they are quiet and hands off...unless they decide to be helpful like the midwives (getting things we need etc....back massage and the like...)...I wouldn't mind them being involved...if they were being helpful...hands on learning has it's place...

lrowe70 April 27th, 2011 08:59 PM

Not a chance, I don't trust those people at all.

sodagirl April 28th, 2011 12:01 AM

For sure as long as I knew/trusted them. Honestly I'd be happy to have a homebirth OB as my care provider if they had the right approach to childbirth. And yes I think that's possible - just less likely!

SillyKitty April 28th, 2011 08:13 PM

If there was an OB that was interested in doing a home birth, I would assume that he/she was supportive of that type of birth and the natural approach, so sure as long as our personalities worked together.

sharita April 30th, 2011 06:14 PM

If it were possible, I sure would as long as they understood, my house, my rules. There no are hospital policies in my home so I am the boss, haha.

~*3 little bears*~ May 10th, 2011 03:34 PM

I would because I personally feel like the setting makes all the difference in the world. They are on your turf without all of their drugs and nurses and ORs and nonsense so it would be alot different than delievering with an OB at a hospital (or so i would imagine). Plus how much more comfortable and in control do you feel in your home than in the hospital would make a big difference in how they approached you and how you reacted to them. Plus, it would be good to show him/her how its done ;)

GranolaMamaOf3 May 12th, 2011 09:15 PM

For care- So long as they practice with the midwifery model of care...I don't really care what their title is! I care more about gender...I wouldn't be comfortable with a man (not even an OB!)

For observation- again, I think I'd be uncomfortable with another man present...I could care less if I were totally naked in front of other women...but men are different! If it were a woman- as an observer, she would have no right to a say in things, so to me that goes without saying! If she wants to watch, by ALL means, please do!!