JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Check In-Who's all here? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2644772-check-whos-all-here.html)

2Corinthians10:4 April 21st, 2013 08:18 AM

Check In-Who's all here?

Hi ladies! The board is kind of slow so I thought I'd try to liven it up a little :) Who's all here? How far along are you? What is currently on your mind in regards to your homebirth?

Kelllilee April 21st, 2013 11:03 AM

Re: Check In-Who's all here?

I'm here! closing in on 24 weeks. Right now I'm worried about filling a birth tub because our water heater is on the fritz. Hopefully we'll be replacing it before the baby comes!

KnitterLaurel April 21st, 2013 04:18 PM

I am lurking around!
How far along are you? 24 weeks yesterday. Just had a midwife appointment today and everything is right on track.
What is currently on your mind in regards to your homebirth? I have been a bit sad lately that my family is so far away this time. The last two times my mom and sisters have been able to come visit within a couple days (at most, usually a few hours) of the baby being born. This time it is looking like it might be a couple weeks at the soonest that anyone would be able to come. :( :(

MissusF April 21st, 2013 10:44 PM

I am here :) I haven't been on JM much lately so I don't post very often. I am not currently pregnant but had a great home birth last February.

2Corinthians10:4 April 22nd, 2013 06:01 AM

I guess since I started the thread I should say I'm here! I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and seeing an OB until I go back to Hawaii in 4 weeks. I will be 19 weeks 6 days when I have my first midwife appointment but the good news is I will be able to pay the full balance minus about 200.00 at that time. Woohoo!

beckiethedoula April 22nd, 2013 05:30 PM

I'm here.

I'm 18+3 today.

I'm stressing about getting the $$ together to pay for our anatomy scan out of pocket. :/ Other than that everything is great! heheheh... :)

2Corinthians10:4 April 23rd, 2013 05:44 AM

^^^
That's why part of me is glad I am in Texas for the first half of this pregnancy. I am using the same ob I used with Dd here and love him. And even though I am having to pay for the birth out of pocket (since tricare will only pay for a cnm) I am only having to pay a small copay for each of my doctors appointments during the first half, including my anatomy scan.

GranolaMamaOf3 May 5th, 2013 08:46 PM

I'm back! I was out of town for most of March and into April, and then I've just been keeping myself busy with organizing and spring cleaning and NESTING! :D So I haven't been on JM much beyond the Natural childbirth Board. I'm almost 29 weeks, and feeling quite unprepared for this baby. I know I still have some time, but it's going by so fast! Otherwise doing good, I have an appointment this Friday afternoon and from now on I will have check-ups every other week, until 36 weeks, then every week!

HippyMomOf4 May 7th, 2013 08:46 AM

I'm here! I've been a bit of a bad host as I'm always busy with birthy stuff as I am the vice-chair of the local birth network plus I'm on call for births so its been crazy lol. I'm currently not pregnant but we are trying! I had a home birth June 2011.

mizza411 May 21st, 2013 07:44 PM

I'm popping in from the Oct 2013 birth club. Corinthians I didn't realize you were hoping for a home birth! Great! I am 20+2 today. Right now I'm tired of everyone asking me about epidurals. I am hoping for a home birth, but since this is my first I don't know how I'll handle the pain. I don't necessarily think that epidurals are the end all be all and being at home is more important to me now.I don't think that's crazy, but everyone else does!

MyFantasticFour May 27th, 2013 07:44 AM

Hi! I lurk :) I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow and I'm having my first homebirth, fourth child. My only wonder about my homebirth is whether or not my midwife will make it haha.

UrbanMomma May 27th, 2013 07:52 AM

Hi, I lurk too. I have had home births in 2003, 2006 and 2008. I had one planned in 2007 but ended up with an emergency csection for placental abruption. I also am currently 31 weeks along with #11 and had planned a hb for this one but money got funny and I couldn't afford it.

So now I have a hospital MW but am prepared to go it alone at home *IF* I don't make it to the hospital.