JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   New here and have questions Regarding Home births (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2653645-new-here-and-have-questions-regarding-home-births.html)

NiamhStarr May 26th, 2013 11:35 PM

New here and have questions Regarding Home births

I dont want to make this long but it may be long. I guess i will tell everything once people start coming into my post if anyone does lol.
I am new here, im 30 years old and i been married since 2003. I have two girls and 1 boy. My first two where c-sections and my son was a natural home water birth in WA state. I am now in California.

I am pregnant with number 4 and it is a girl for now lol My first question is If you can not afford a Home birth, cant take a loan out, Cant ask friends and family for money, cant work on the side (I cant)
Cant do a Birth center because they are too far and too expensive, Your insurance wont cover Either midwife or Birth center... then lets say you cant do a Vbac at a hospital even though you may have gotten over it and though ok only option but find out You cant because the nurses, doctors and policy is You need vaginal Exams, need to wear there nasty gowns, and need fetal monitoring all you dont agree with so now your left with no option but to have a Unassisted birth even if you dont want one. WHAT DO YOU DO?

fromGirltoMommy June 2nd, 2013 02:00 PM

Re: New here and have questions Regarding Home births

You cannot make payments towards your homebirth?

AIK112018 June 3rd, 2013 09:11 AM

My midwife accepts any kind of payments at all... even $25 a week for 3 years. I would talk to a midwife before making any drastic decisions... she may be able to help you work something out...

bbunny June 3rd, 2013 12:53 PM

:ditto:

I would seriously talk to Midwives in your area. I worked with many midwives who worked with their clients on either sliding pay scales, monthly payments, or even exchanged goods/services.

I would hate to see someone forced into either a hospital birth or unassisted if they did not want it. Talk to people in your area, if one Midwife is unwilling to work with you, ask for a referral to maybe someone else they know... Good luck!

Irish_Wristwatch June 12th, 2013 05:32 PM

Many midwives are willing to work out a payment plan for you. Even if they dont advertise that, you should explain your situation and ask if they would be willing to work with you. I would bet that most are understanding and will want to work something out for you

NiamhStarr June 15th, 2013 02:38 PM

Oh wow i totally forgot about this post i made. I found a midwife that takes a $400 deposit and monthly payments but shes more lenient then most. the other midwife we where going for wanted $4500, $500 of that down and $500 or more a month. she was very rude and not chatty. so we decided to look for someone else which we did. she only asks for $3200.

AIK112018 June 29th, 2013 06:40 PM

So happy you found someone! Congrats!

farafae89 July 17th, 2013 12:25 AM

Good to know any one helps you out.