JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Hello ladies! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2667882-hello-ladies.html)

Britt3 July 25th, 2013 10:40 AM

Hello ladies!

Hello! I wanted to kind of introduce myself. I posted fairly often on this board years ago (2008) because I was pregnant and planning a home birth. I did have a wonderful home birth, and things were great. I'm back because I will be TTC soon, and of course will be planning another home birth. This time it feels all new to me again, because I'm in another state (NY) now. I was in a state where it was "a-legal" and so it was pretty much, "don't ask, don't tell." Anyways, from what I know, NY is the opposite. Infact, I already called and my insurance even covers it! WOW!

So, being the "planner" that I am, I wanted to start posting, and reading here again. I want to start planning my next home birth with the little changes from my first one. (Not having as many people there, actually birthing in the tub this time and not falling under pressure to birth laying down, etc)

Also, this time I have a different partner. My first pregnancy was with a man who was on board with the home birth (he did have to be talked into it a little bit). This time my partner said he's totally ok with what I choose, but I feel like he doesn't have a clue!! (it's his first) So, we'll see...

Anyways, hello!

2Corinthians10:4 August 6th, 2013 10:34 AM

Re: Hello ladies!

Hi and welcome back! I lurked around here my last pregnancy (also 2008) but didn't get a homebirth then. Now we are due in 10 weeks and planning our first homebirth.

fromGirltoMommy August 10th, 2013 06:45 AM

I'm in NY about 6m away from my home birth :cheer:

Where are you in NY? My insurance covers my home birth almost fully, which is so awesome glad yours is going to be covered too!

JoyfulChaosMama August 12th, 2013 01:06 PM

I've had babies in both Ohio and Michigan - (all were with Ohio midwives though, where it is also a-legal) It's a crap shoot getting the insurance to cover - sometimes they do sometimes they don't, once all, usually some. (we've had three different policies/companies over the years)

Britt3 September 6th, 2013 03:45 PM

Hey! Interesting!! I live in Rochester now, and I actually used to live in Ohio! So JoyfulChaosMama I know too well what you're talking about! I'm glad to have another NY mama here!
We are actually going to be TTC this cycle, so I'll hopefully be around much more soon. :)

fromGirltoMommy September 22nd, 2013 08:07 AM

I live in Rochester too :P Which midwife are you going to use, sadly there are only 2 midwives who offer home births here, which kinda is really sad. I went with Welcome Home Midwifery, with Meg and she is just amazing. I look so forward to get appointment and love the personal relationship we have! It was hard to go from doctor/patient to a personal relationship with my care provider, but it is so worth it. As I am sure you know! :P