JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Come on girls!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2680606-come-girls.html)

fromGirltoMommy September 22nd, 2013 12:26 PM

Come on girls!!

This board needs some action, as I get closer to birth (which is still months away :shhh:) I just wanna talk about birth, birth, birth, and oh yea more birth! I cannot stop reading everything and anything to do with home birth.

Pretty soon I am going to start my Hypnobabies home study, hoping to maybe take the Bradley Method Birth Classes as well about the same time I'll start HB actually! Any other great advice you can give me?

Anddddd let's jump start this board!

Kalia20 September 23rd, 2013 12:25 PM

Re: Come on girls!!

Something my midwife brought up.....water gets cold, so thats gonna be a bugger, gonna drain my hot water tank in no time. Hoping for a home water birth this time around. Tub rental is only $50 :)

WendyBird September 24th, 2013 01:19 PM

I'm not pregnant yet, but I'll be doing another homebirth this time around. I've even had a consult with a homebirth doctor/midwife already. LOL

As for the water getting cold, once we drained the hot water tank, they just kept boiling water on the stove to keep it warm..

Britt3 September 30th, 2013 03:29 PM

Hey! I'll be planning another home birth as well, but I just have to get PG first! lol. Honestly I was so tired that I don't remember how they kept refilling my tub. I think they were ok with the water heater because I kept taking walks, and doing other things too. Once I was ready to push and stay in the water, she just kept adding warm water, and I wasn't paying any attention to the process. lol. However, when it came time to push, I was sitting on the couch; I had been awake for nearly 36 hours (and falling asleep just minutes before pushing) and was too lazy to get back in the tub. Soooo-- this next go round I'd love to actually have a water birth instead of couch birth. lol

beckiethedoula October 1st, 2013 05:30 PM

Tankless water heater- best investment ever! :)

underhermantle October 14th, 2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fromGirltoMommy (Post 27672204)
This board needs some action, as I get closer to birth (which is still months away :shhh:) I just wanna talk about birth, birth, birth, and oh yea more birth! I cannot stop reading everything and anything to do with home birth.

Pretty soon I am going to start my Hypnobabies home study, hoping to maybe take the Bradley Method Birth Classes as well about the same time I'll start HB actually! Any other great advice you can give me?

Anddddd let's jump start this board!

Hi planning my 3rd hbac and used hypnobabies with 3 of my births! I loved it...maybe we can be birth buddies! When is your guess date?

mizza411 October 16th, 2013 10:08 PM

Hey! I just had my little man at home Oct 11. My very detailed birth story is in the Oct 2013 ddb under "walk the plank" if you want to check it out. I did hypnobirthing classes too. If you want to chat or have questions please send me a pm! :)

fromGirltoMommy October 17th, 2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underhermantle (Post 27726383)
Hi planning my 3rd hbac and used hypnobabies with 3 of my births! I loved it...maybe we can be birth buddies! When is your guess date?

Guess date is Jan 21, but expecting to go into Feb is baby boy is anything like big sister :P How bout you?

navywifey2003 October 20th, 2013 12:02 AM

Hi ladies! I have had 2 HB now. Our most recent was an unplanned unassisted birth. :) I agree this board needs to be revived!