JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   home visit! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2701766-home-visit.html)

10x_A_Mommy January 5th, 2014 06:26 PM

home visit!

Midwife is coming for my 36 week home visit tomorrow :)

My room is all ready, just need to buy a few odds n ends supplies.

It's getting close!

(I haven't made it past 38w2d since baby #3 and this is baby #10)

Earthy.Mama January 6th, 2014 04:11 AM

Re: home visit!

Awesome, sounds exciting!! My MW does a 36 wk visit too just to make sure she can find our house, never considered she'd be looking at the birthing area..hm....

Any pics of the room?

When do you think you'll go into labor?

Irish_Wristwatch January 6th, 2014 06:52 AM

that is so exciting! my MW did a 36 week visit to see the birth set up and our house too.

navywifey2003 January 6th, 2014 10:11 AM

Yay! I hope it goes well!

10x_A_Mommy January 9th, 2014 08:06 PM

She had to cancel monday due to bad weather so is coming tomorrow :)

I think baby will be here soon. I checked myself monday and cervix is very low (like I get up to my middle knuckle and there's her head) and at least a loose 3 cms. I see my backup CNM tomorrow as well so may ask her to check me to collaborate my findings.

I'll take pics of the room tomorrow :)

Movlin January 9th, 2014 08:37 PM

So exciting! I still have 4 weeks until my 36 week home visit - haven't gotten anything done towards birthing area(s) but I am starting to work on it now. My kids have all come on their due dates so I am banking on that...famous last words?

Let us know how it goes!

10x_A_Mommy January 11th, 2014 05:17 AM

It went great :)

I had my last appt with the CNM yesterday (my backup incase i went too early) and had her check me. I'm 3cm's, 70% effaced and 0 station.

CPM was happy with the birth setup. I asked her what would happen if I went into labor this weekend and she said as long as I'm comfortable with homebirth before 37 weeks, she is too. Heck yeah, i am Not going to that hosp unless there's a medical need! So I'm officially cleared for homebirth :) That's a huge weight off my shoulders!

Inflating the pool today and going out for what last minute supplies we need. My body wants her out yesterday (horrible SPD and sciatic nerve pain right now) but I do hope she stays in until she's fully ready to be born, whether that be today or 3 weeks (preferably not 3 weeks lol). I walk around like i just rode a horse for hours, quite a funny sight!

Earthy.Mama January 11th, 2014 05:54 AM

Happy to hear everything is cleared for a homebirth, that's awesome!

Sorry about the SPD, I had that pretty bad with dd1, but not dd2, hoping not with this one either!

10x_A_Mommy January 12th, 2014 04:09 AM

Got the birth pool inflated last night :) Only thing left to do is wash up towels but that's a daily thing anyway in this 10 person household lol. I'm 6' tall with very long legs and can surprisingly stretch my legs completely out when sitting in this pool!! Also the ledge is at shoulder level when I sit. Going to be very comfy :)

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/...pse98b7be1.jpg

Earthy.Mama January 12th, 2014 04:47 AM

Wow, large room lady! LOL! Looks great :D

10x_A_Mommy January 12th, 2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthy.Mama (Post 27901340)
Wow, large room lady! LOL! Looks great :D

Lol its actually supposed to be a family room, but the kids took over the rest of the house so we made it our room. Its a good thing though because no way that pool would have fit in any of the bedrooms with our king size bed!

Earthy.Mama January 12th, 2014 06:17 AM

We're kinda unconventional like that, make the rooms work for us, not adjust our tastes to the rooms ;)

navywifey2003 January 12th, 2014 01:30 PM

Looks wonderful! How exciting!