JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   What were things you were worried about? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2715407-what-were-things-you-were-worried-about.html)

Earthy.Mama April 7th, 2014 06:13 AM

What were things you were worried about?

For your homebirth that you didn't need to worry about?

I'm worried about making sure there are enough seats for the MWs to sit that are comfortable. I'm worried about how hard/easy it will be for me to get up and go pee..... if I'm outside, should I just pee outside? I wouldn't have an issue with it, but not sure how the MWs would take that :lol: Enough blankets/chux pads etc.?

navywifey2003 April 8th, 2014 03:58 PM

Re: What were things you were worried about?

I always worried about when to call. I never wanted Kyle to call :lol:

Earthy.Mama April 10th, 2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 28034070)
I always worried about when to call. I never wanted Kyle to call :lol:

Oh same here!

I honestly wouldn't have called my MW with dd1 except when I took the bath to slow down what I thought were contractions (and they did slow down and I just brushed it off) I thought my water broke or I peed. She says it didn't break (I think it was a high leak though) but by the time she got there I was 6cm.

With dd2 I had prodromal labor, and it was all painful so I couldn't tell when it "for real" started or was just more PITA prodromal labor, DH had to make the call on that one!

Alison79 April 10th, 2014 10:00 AM

I always worry about having enough food in the house! I usually go past 41 weeks but on the off chance I go into labor early I try to have enough snacks on hand for the birth team from 38 weeks on. My kids always get into them and it feels like we are constantly at the store.

Earthy.Mama April 10th, 2014 10:40 AM

I'd buy my own cabinet with a padlock on it or something :lol:

Britt3 April 11th, 2014 10:17 AM

Right now I'm worried about which room I want to set the birthing tub up in. Lol. We thought the basement, but both bathrooms are on the second floor of the house... So now we're thinking maybe my son's room, since it's the largest. I can't fully decide yet.I'm also worried about keeping my MW entertained.. even though I know I shouldn't. I just don't want people waiting around on me. lol

navywifey2003 April 17th, 2014 05:35 PM

I worried about food as well, with Payson and Everett we didnt have anything really because the next day was grocery day. haha