JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Do you babymoon? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/344260-do-you-babymoon.html)

MrsPil October 20th, 2006 05:29 PM

The topic title pretty much covered the question but I just wondered how many women here are planning on babymooning and if so for how long?

I would like to have at least a week, but I doubt I can ward people off for that long.

My_Serenity October 20th, 2006 06:13 PM

I'm one of those people who wanted others around me. I loved showing off my little ones and was kind of sad when people would stay away for a day or two. However I did like having one day with the boys before everyone else came to see the them.

momma6_2angels October 21st, 2006 06:49 AM

This is a term I have never heard. What does it mean?? Is it having babies to ourselves?? I have always had visitors right after giving birth.

MrsPil October 21st, 2006 08:50 AM

I guess the best way to explain a babymoon is a time that's designated for you to be able to monopolize baby's time like you would monopolize a spouses time on your honeymoon.

I can understand needing support, but some women get trapped into playing hostess in the days after they give birth and that doesn't sit so well with me.

My_Serenity October 21st, 2006 08:52 AM

Heh... most of the time people come over to waite on me though... so that's such a plus.

MrsPil October 21st, 2006 09:00 AM

:D that would be a definite plus lol! Sadly DH's family expects to be entertained... Don't even get me started. :wacko:

abigailsilva October 21st, 2006 11:34 AM

DH and I have actually just been talking about it. yeah, our fam's are kind of pushy, so we agreed on at least four days, up to a week. We'll call them to let them know everything is fine, but then we are shutting the ringer off and hanging a do not disturb sign. With my first, I was "with" her father but we didn't live together, so the first weekend after she was born i wanted to be with him so bad, he came and got me and drove me three hours back to his folks house so everyone could see the baby, and it was all just too much. Way too much. New borns shouldn't have to do that. this time, everyone I NEED to see is right here in this house.. ALso, my three year old. i want her to welcome this baby and not feel pushed out by it. I think if there were lots of visitors who just come to see the baby, it would send the wrong message to her. We will have a week for us to bond as a family.

*:Onei*Chan:* October 21st, 2006 03:05 PM

I probably wont babymoon. DH will have to return to work within a couple days, or we will be in financial trouble. I think that having either my MIL, or my grandmother around will help me out a lot with taking care of the house and taking care of Isobelle. If he were able to spend a week home though, I wouldnt let anyone near my door for the first week!

samu2 October 23rd, 2006 12:43 AM

No way.I couldn't imagine telling our parents they have to wait a while to see their grandchild,they would understand but they have waited 9 mths too.They can come round the next day.

Lash October 23rd, 2006 08:20 AM

my fam will probably be there the day of the birth, helping me. i'm pretty close to mom and MIL and dont mind my g-ma and SIL and BIL there... no kids though thanks.

agatha October 24th, 2006 09:10 AM

With our first we had no one around. Just us during the birth and told everyone to give us the first day alone.

With this one we will do the same thing.