JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Who is your inspiration? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/344795-who-your-inspiration.html)

*:Onei*Chan:* October 21st, 2006 04:16 PM

Who was it that inspired and supported you the most in your pregnancy and in your decision for a homebirth?

For me, its my DH. We were reading some UC stories together and he said to me, "I just dont see any reason why you and I wouldnt be capable of doing that too" and thats all I needed. I knew I had him on my side. We are so on the same page with nearly everything, it just amazes me. I love him so much. Besides him, my major shoulder to lean on through all of this has been Abbey. Its so cool that the internet could have brought me so close to someone, and helped me find such a great friend. If I dont know something, you bet she does, or she will do her best to find out--and visa versa. We are learning so much together.

abigailsilva October 21st, 2006 04:38 PM

Awwww, I love you too!!!!! Well, in my case, my inspiration was.............YOU! April had been educating me since I started on JM and gently showing me that the medically minded, hospital birth I had planned wasn't necesarily the only way to go. It's really neat to have someone at the same stage I'm in, with the same plans, we can talk and share and weight pros and cons together, and HOST TOGETHER!!! YAY!!!!

Beyond that, it's all you other amazing women on this board and NCB, and all the amazing birth stories I've read that inspire me to do this great thing!

Lash October 21st, 2006 05:10 PM

Really in all honesty its JM thats been my inspiration... but my latest inspirations to truly do a homebirth are LaLa, Nicole (Wonderfullymade), Emomom's unplanned home birth, and Isaeph's story still makes me cry.

I"m not responding this way to just pump up other members, but seriously nobody in my family has homebirthed or fully natural birthed, and while they are supportive, i haven't had direct inspiration. without JM there is no way I'd even think about doing it.

*:Onei*Chan:* October 21st, 2006 05:14 PM

Hey, I find a lot of support and inspiration here on JM too. The birth stories are amazing, and JM is also where I met Abbey!

momma6_2angels October 22nd, 2006 07:29 AM

Has to be my friends Pam and Wendi.

Frelle October 22nd, 2006 11:49 AM

My first inspiration was my friend Sophia, who had most of her 5 kids at home. I met her 4th son when he was 7 hours old, in his living room. It was so cool :) I was too scared to have a homebirth with my first, but my husband wanted me to! Talking him into homebirth was a non issue.

My current inspiration are those stories where women really follow their body, where they can fully experience the journey, almost out of body, and can write about it with such passion :)

I love the natural birthing community we are forming here on JM!

momma6_2angels October 22nd, 2006 02:16 PM

I do too!! I spend more time here than in my playroom, lol.

MissyPrincessEha October 25th, 2006 05:16 PM

I can't say that it was any one person. To me it was meant to be. It was a gentle progression with HUGE explosions here and there. I don't really remember the inbetween time between "normal" and homebirth. I just woke up one day like this. Like I had been sleeping and then one day BAM I was like I can do this! This is the real me! :)

My DH has been a HUGE blessing to me though. He was just the icing on the cake. :)

_Brandy_ October 25th, 2006 05:26 PM

I didn't have an person as inspiration, so to speak, but I had many friends (locally mostly, back when having Kiera, and online since) that have encouraged me.

MrsPil October 26th, 2006 12:43 PM

I'm like Brandy in that I have a lot of encouraging friends online...

I really have no inspiration just a mind numbing fear of what theywould like to do to me in the hospital.