JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Homebirth and the Grand Multip (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/458415-homebirth-and-grand-multip.html)

JoyfulChaosMama February 7th, 2007 11:49 AM

I was so happy to come across these birth stories. There are those around me telling me that if I were going to an OB, I'd be considered 'high risk' just because of the number of babies I have had, and those same folks were dooming me to a bad outcome if I stay home. It didn't scare me, but did cause me to look into what the heck they were talking about! LOL! Here is a whole slew of homebirth stories of grand multipara women. (I consider us all pretty 'grand'!)

Homebirth and the Grand Multip

jhmomofmany February 7th, 2007 04:54 PM

I'm a grand multi... kewl. :smile:

Motherbird February 9th, 2007 04:51 PM

Thanks for posting this. I guess I fit into this category now too.

Bee February 9th, 2007 09:32 PM

I didn't know that one would be considered high risk for having a lot of babies. My mom must have been high-risk then, she had 7 of us girls.

jhmomofmany February 10th, 2007 09:03 AM

These days they label everybody they possibly can as "high risk". While pregnant with #4 I was treated as high risk because my first was born preterm at 25 weeks. I thought that was extremely silly because I then had two full-term! I think that is just a result of the mentality that pregnancy is a medical condition, not just a normal part of life.

UrbanMomma February 12th, 2007 11:34 AM

Hi from another grandmultip..LOL.

I had four hospital births, including the csection with #4. When I was pregnant with #5 I was told by all the OB's I contacted that I was high risk because of the number of babies I had had AND due to the csection they wouldn't even be willing to consider me for vaginal birth!!!

Not only did I go on to have two more vaginal births. I had them at home!!! I am pregnant now with #7 and planning another homebirth.

Us grandmultip's scare the bejeebers out of OB's, don't we.

jhmomofmany February 12th, 2007 11:42 AM

Us grandmultip's scare the bejeebers out of OB's, don't we.

And everybody else, except midwives. LOL!

abigailsilva February 12th, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Hi from another grandmultip..LOL.

I had four hospital births, including the csection with #4. When I was pregnant with #5 I was told by all the OB's I contacted that I was high risk because of the number of babies I had had AND due to the csection they wouldn't even be willing to consider me for vaginal birth!!!

Not only did I go on to have two more vaginal births. I had them at home!!! I am pregnant now with #7 and planning another homebirth.

Us grandmultip's scare the bejeebers out of OB's, don't we.[/b]

Good for you! That's AWESOME, and Welcome, it's nice to *see* a new face :D