JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Sharing milk? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/520096-sharing-milk.html)

abigailsilva March 30th, 2007 06:46 AM

I posed this question in my playroom, whether or not you would be opento the idea of a friend bfing you kid if you coiuld not. Likenif you had to go out somewhere, and your kid doesn't take a bottle. They kind of missed the point and said, milk sharing is ok, but not boob sharing. I myself would be fine with it, if my baby is hungry ands i'm not there, and theres a lactating woman there who i love and trust, then yeah, feed the baby! What do you crazy hbers think??? lol

Acadia March 30th, 2007 10:56 AM

IDK if I count as a "crazy hber" yet. :P

If it was someone I knew and trusted ... sure. I presume if it was a close friend, I'd know that they weren't drinking/on drugs/whatever. And if that was true I don't think I'd have a problem with it.

Kimbo March 30th, 2007 11:36 AM

Ok, so now it's time for my own silly question in response. What the heck is milk sharing if it isn't boob sharing? I would actually be more opposed to my child drinking from the same cup as another child than I would be to her nursing from another lactating woman. But then I guess I am a crazy woman in the homebirth camp :P

I know the LLL does not encourage the practice of nursing someone else's child. I would not object, but it would have to be a situation that was more extreme than just I was going out. Maybe if I needed treatment for something and/or my milk was to be affected by something I was required to take. I would also need to really trust the other person and know that they were clean - HIV, drug use, etc.

Kimbo

Isaeph March 30th, 2007 12:39 PM

I have a few friends I SUPER trust like that, and yeah, I would totally be ok with them nursing Ele, either with ebm in a bottle or straight on the boob. :lol: I would do the same for them if they wanted.

MrsPil March 30th, 2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

I have a few friends I SUPER trust like that, and yeah, I would totally be ok with them nursing Ele, either with ebm in a bottle or straight on the boob. :lol: I would do the same for them if they wanted.[/b]
Ditto!

LaLa March 30th, 2007 08:07 PM

Ditto ;)

Lala...

Frelle March 31st, 2007 07:53 AM

Abbey: I've nursed A's youngest baby, back when Lily and Judi were both just a few months old.

I also nursed a friend's son while she had emergency abdominal surgery when he was 5 months old, had him for 24 hours.

I havent had the occasion to need to have someone nurse my babies, but would be ok with it.

abigailsilva April 1st, 2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Abbey: I've nursed A's youngest baby, back when Lily and Judi were both just a few months old.

I also nursed a friend's son while she had emergency abdominal surgery when he was 5 months old, had him for 24 hours.

I havent had the occasion to need to have someone nurse my babies, but would be ok with it.[/b]

AWWWW! I heart you! That's so sweet! I would totally do it for someone else, or have them do it for me.

StudentMidwife06 April 8th, 2007 05:26 PM

Yes, if i knew them well enough i would let them if needed, and i would do the same.