JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Checkin in with the preggers, how ya feelin? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/564027-checkin-preggers-how-ya-feelin.html)

abigailsilva May 7th, 2007 08:07 AM

How are you lovely expectant ladies? HOw are you feeling, are you getting ready yet?

azchela May 7th, 2007 07:08 PM

I am feeling really good! Now that we have decided on home birth we are starting to get everything together - I am meeting with my midwife on Wednesday this week to go over what I need to buy (birth kit, etc) and transferring all my medical records for this pregnancy over to her.

Other than that I am pretty much ready - we have moved DS into his "big boy" room (he is still in a crib though) so I can use the nursery for the baby and nursing. He or she will sleep with me or in the co-sleeper at first, but I like having a room I can retreat to - I have a fabulous rocker in there that I love to nurse in - gives me privacy and comfort and that priceless time with my baby.

All our gender neutral clothes have been washed and put away - with DS he just wore those kimono shirts for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Physically I am very blessed to have had a great pregnancy so far - I had a great one with DS too. Other than heartburn and the typical hip aches and pains I have no complaints! Just trying to enjoy every moment I have with DS before the baby comes - he is at such an amazing age and while I can't wait to meet his lil bro or sis I am loving this fleeting time with my first baby. :wub:

abigailsilva May 7th, 2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

I am feeling really good! Now that we have decided on home birth we are starting to get everything together - I am meeting with my midwife on Wednesday this week to go over what I need to buy (birth kit, etc) and transferring all my medical records for this pregnancy over to her.

Other than that I am pretty much ready - we have moved DS into his "big boy" room (he is still in a crib though) so I can use the nursery for the baby and nursing. He or she will sleep with me or in the co-sleeper at first, but I like having a room I can retreat to - I have a fabulous rocker in there that I love to nurse in - gives me privacy and comfort and that priceless time with my baby.

All our gender neutral clothes have been washed and put away - with DS he just wore those kimono shirts for the first couple of weeks anyway.

Physically I am very blessed to have had a great pregnancy so far - I had a great one with DS too. Other than heartburn and the typical hip aches and pains I have no complaints! Just trying to enjoy every moment I have with DS before the baby comes - he is at such an amazing age and while I can't wait to meet his lil bro or sis I am loving this fleeting time with my first baby. :wub:[/b]

That all sounds wonderful, I gotta say HBers seem to have better attitudes in general about pg. I don't know if it's b/c we know that it isn't an accident waiting to happen, or we are more in tune, or what, but being able to come to this board while pg saved my life!

Frelle May 8th, 2007 07:38 AM

doing fine, baby is 18 weeks, im looking forward to losing my sugar aversion, not much else to report.

Sugerplumfairy May 8th, 2007 01:57 PM

I'm feeling great,

I can have my baby any day now, :cheer:

By the end of the month I will be holding my new little bundle in my arms,

Motherbird May 8th, 2007 02:45 PM

Doing pretty good at 22 weeks here. Just a little concerned about weight gain. Haven't had very much and don't even look pregnant yet. In fact, my regular jeans are still big on me. With all my other pregnancies, I would have gained 20 lbs by now and been in maternity pants so I am slightly concerned but not tons. Supposed to go in this Friday for a weight check.
The good news is I will be able to have another Homebirth. We were worried for awhile because we didn't think we'd have the money and our homebirthing doctors added a new out-of-pocket fee that we just couldn't afford. I had to start calling around to midwives that deliver in hospital and was really really bummed out about the possibility of a hospital birth. But then I spoke to the Doctor who runs the homebirth practice and he is willing to work out a payment plan with me so all is well again. Yay!

jhmomofmany May 8th, 2007 04:41 PM

I'm feeling pretty good. Not eating as well as I should be, though. I can hear Baby's heartbeat with the fetoscope now, so that's neat. My next visit with the mw is on Saturday.

meezermya May 10th, 2007 02:47 AM

I'm right at 40 weeks today. This pregnancy was a difficult one (hyperemesis gravidarum for 7.5 months!), but I'm feeling good now, all things considered. Really looking forward to meeting our new daughter, and hoping that my first homebirth goes well. :)