JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Roll Call! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/617956-roll-call.html)

CharmieCM June 21st, 2007 11:44 AM

It would be great if everyone who is active on this board could post a little intro and about you to this thread. I'm having a hard time keeping everyone straight!!

I'm Charlotte, a homebirth midwife and co-host of the board. I have two boys, one born in the hospital and one born in a freestanding birth center with a midwife. We've been TTC #3 for TWO YEARS now and I'm thinking I'm never gonna get my homebirth!!! I'm also coordinating a local BOLD event (see www.boldshreveport.com) in my area and working to change the laws so that midwifery is more available to Louisiana mothers and families. Sometimes I wonder if this is the season of life I'm in and a baby just isn't in the cards? We're pretty laid back about #3, but both Jason and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have 4 children.

UrbanMomma June 21st, 2007 04:51 PM

I am Jen, momma to Isaac 12, Aarron 10, Elijaah 8, Naathaniel 6, Laliyaah 4, Nazaaria 1 and Isaiaah edd 8/20. I had my first four in the hospital, including an "unnecessary c-section" which resulted in me choosing to have home VBAC's with my daughters and this baby. The best choice I ever made!! I LOVE homebirthing and would love to become a midwife somewhere down the road if I could stop having babies of my own. :) I am not sure where that would fit in with my current plans of starting school this fall to get my Associates degree in auto repair tech though...LOL.

home4mygirl June 21st, 2007 05:25 PM

I'm Emma, mom to born-at-home Trinity and I'm very new here! We JUST found out we are expecting #2 in February and I couldn't be more excited! I introduced myself a little earlier, and I believe it's still on this page. I'm insanely excited to find a good home birth message board because I absolutely couldn't imagine doing it any other way!

I'm looking at all these really neat pictures in the siggy's and wondering how in the world you guys did that!! Care to share, anyone??

Everyone have a GREAT day!!!

Butter June 21st, 2007 05:55 PM

I am Heather. I have three kids. Ani was born in a hospital, Cameron was born in a freestanding birthing center, and Fritz was born at home. Future kids (we want 3 more) will be born at home.

chipko June 21st, 2007 10:22 PM

Hi I'm Gina. With my son Eli I had an unmedicated hospital birth. We are currently planning our first homebirth for this coming October.

Motherbird June 22nd, 2007 06:43 AM

I'm Robin. I have 4 kids with my 5th due in about 2 months! My first two were hospital births (no epi), my 3rd was a home waterbirth, and my 4th was intended to be a home waterbirth, but ended with a hospital transfer. This, my 5th baby, will be another home waterbirth. I'm also a part-time student and a homeschooling Mom.

vegaburm June 22nd, 2007 06:44 AM

I'm Beth, You can see my kids below. All were born in the hospital, the first two with OB's and the third with a CNM. Loved the CNM and am trying to convince DH that home is the way to go with #4 due in Dec. I live in NC, which is not the most Home birth friendly state. If we go with the home birth it will have to be with a CPM that is technically illeagal here. Not for me, but for her. I hate that, but wish my state would get on board with ALL the states that surround us, who all license midwives!

Frelle June 22nd, 2007 06:59 AM

Im Jeni, mama to Grace, Lily, and Felicity. Grace was born in a hospital with an OB, unmedicated. Lily was a midwife (CPM) attended home waterbirth, and Felicity was an unplanned unassisted home waterbirth. We are planning our third home waterbirth, and planning for our midwife to be here for it, this October. I live in the same state as Beth, and she may be using the same midwife I do :)

( Beth: having the CPM talk to your husband and answer questions would help in his being on board. If he would also like to talk to a homebirth dad, my husband would be glad to talk to him. )

jhmomofmany June 22nd, 2007 08:09 AM

My name is Jennifer. My first four were born at the hospital. Fifth baby was a mid-wife assisted homebirth. Sixth baby was an unassisted stillbirth at 36 weeks. I am due in September and planning to deliver at home, but still not certain if I'll call the mw or not. :smile:

Butter June 22nd, 2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

I hate that, but wish my state would get on board with ALL the states that surround us, who all license midwives![/b]
It takes work but you guys can make it happen down there, too! VA just started licensing midwives almost 2 years ago. My midwife was still an illegal midwife when she delivered Fritz. She had taken the practical part of the testing but not the written part. She took, and passed, that a month and a half after Fritz was born. I had always said I wouldn't use an illegal midwife, but it turned out to be no big deal.

azchela June 22nd, 2007 09:08 PM

I am Michelle. My son, Tyler, was a hospital birth. I had planned to go natural but gave into pit after 19 hours (after being threatened with a C/S - my water broke at the beginning of labor so I was "on the clock").

I am planning an assisted homebirth for this baby, due any day!!! :bluecheer: :bluecheer: :bluecheer:

I am very excited and feel SO at peace with my homebirth decision - I have the best midwife and doula ever!! :wub:

ShawnaCAN June 24th, 2007 01:59 PM

I'm Shawna, mom to 4. The first two were born in hospital unmedicated, the second two at home in water with a midwife. Future births will be at home.

MrsPil June 25th, 2007 04:37 PM

I'm Stephanie, I'm one of the boards very few (and very outspoken) UCers. I'm in and out around here, as I've been very busy with Mariska who was born at home unassisted in January.

Alison79 June 26th, 2007 10:37 PM

I am Alison, mom to Chris (7), Lucas (5) and Evelyn who is a year and a half. All three were induced births with epidurals. I really didn't start researching natural chidbirth until I was pregnant with my daughter and while my birth experience with her was not bad, I really felt that I wanted a natural birth with our next child. We went back and forth about home birth vs. birth center and eventually decided that a homebirth just seem right for us and our family. My husband is very supportive as is my Mom and I am looking forward to a different birth experience this time!

anitagupta June 28th, 2007 09:59 AM

I am Anita - expecting my first in September. I am pretty horrified at the whole medical system surrounding childbirth and was advised by my OB to consider a homebirth. Living in Manhattan, the charges for a homebirth midwife are astronomical - $8,000 and insurance doesn't cover any of it. I am still trying to keep my options open between a birthing center within a hospital and other homebirth midwives. I will probably make my decision closer to the birth itself.

MountainMomma June 29th, 2007 11:55 AM

I'm Stephanie. 27 year old wife to Matt and mother to Sierra (9) and Will (6). They were both born in the hospital I am currently TTC #3 for me, but #1 for DH, and also trying to convince him that home birth is a great option for us. Hopefully he'll come around. :smile: