JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   I'm Sorry Everyone (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/1011503-i-m-sorry-everyone.html)

Shery April 7th, 2008 03:34 PM

Sometimes I feel like I am such a failure with hosting that I should step down, but I love it so much.
I hate to make excuses again, but things have been crazy wrong here. I have spent the last week struggling with an ear infection. I finally went to the dr. and got medication for it and am doing much better.
The worst of the week, however, was finding out that my precious Dad, who you all know I love dearly, has chronic myloid leukemia. Thank God that ten years ago a treatment was found that helps victims of this disease survive. We are waiting for bone marrow tests to confirm the diagnosis, but feel pretty sure that it is what he has. If so, he will take one pill a day for the rest of his life. Still, my Dad has cancer, and this is very scary for me. I've already lost one parent to it..................................I can't lose him!!!
Please forgive my absence. I will try to do better..I promise!!

joandsarah77 April 7th, 2008 03:53 PM

How scary for you all. :dothug:
Don't worry about the hosting we'll survive, you have enough on your plate.

Motherbird April 7th, 2008 04:19 PM

I'm sorry about your Dad's dx Sherry! I can't imagine having to go through that with both parents. One was enough. I know how scary it is for you. Glad to hear it's treatable though!

And don't apologize. We know you're around. :smile:

MissyPrincessEha April 7th, 2008 04:45 PM

Sherri!!!!!! HUGS!!!!! I knew you had to be busy, but I had no idea how big things were with you right now! How is Vicki doing with it?

Shery April 7th, 2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Sherri!!!!!! HUGS!!!!! I knew you had to be busy, but I had no idea how big things were with you right now! How is Vicki doing with it?[/b]
We are all handling it in our own way. Patrick and I went and spent 5 hour with Daddy and my stepmother on Saturday while Jeff took the other to fishing. I didn't want all of us to go...wanted time with Daddy without too many distractions. It was good to be with him. My younger brother is handling it pretty hard, but I was able to spend over an hour with him on the phone...something we don't do often...and he feels a bit better. I was able to educate him a little more on the diagnosis and just encourage him.
Thanks for the note, friend!

MissyPrincessEha April 7th, 2008 06:14 PM

I will put him in our prayers. I know you guys are so nervous after going through this with your mother. I am so happy to know it can be managed.

If you need us let me know!

Miguelsmommy April 8th, 2008 05:06 AM

Don't worry about us Shery just get better and spend time with your dad.

-Tisha- April 8th, 2008 05:13 AM

:dothug: Sherri!!

I'm so sorry you're going through all of that. We'll be thinking about you!

Butter April 8th, 2008 08:15 AM

I'm so sorry. Don't worry about us. We take care of ourselves pretty well. Right now you need to focus on your family.

~julia~ April 8th, 2008 03:03 PM

I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. ((((HUGS))))

LuvEmm April 8th, 2008 05:10 PM

Oh, so sorry about your dad. :( Don't worry about us, just focus on your family. Dh's grandpa had lukemia for 12 years and died at the ripe old age of 92. :dothug:

Retrocutie April 9th, 2008 05:01 AM

Oh no! Ditto what everyone else has said! Don't worry about us, go be with your dad!

Jenneve April 9th, 2008 08:41 AM

Sherri! :dothug: I'm so sorry to hear that about your dad! I can completely understand how you're feeling. After having lost my mother to cancer, I would be very upset to hear that my dad had it, too. My heart goes out to you and your family. You're in my thoughts.