JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   That's IT..I refuse to... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/1075155-s-i-refuse-to.html)

JustAKrazymom May 21st, 2008 06:33 AM

Teach anymor eof my kids to read..dang it all.. Declan is reading everything now, including reading over my shoulder and all my e-mails...grr...LOL>.

-Tisha- May 21st, 2008 06:51 AM

:lol:

grunig May 21st, 2008 07:10 AM

~hsingtreehouse~ May 21st, 2008 07:24 AM

Yeah, when Bryce learned to read, I figured out really fast that I couldn't spell things to my dh in front of him anymore. It sucked! LOL

Don't worry - if you won't teach the rest of them to read, then Declan and Noah will! ;)

JustAKrazymom May 21st, 2008 07:36 AM

LOL... Yeah well I haven't been able to spell things out in about a year..but this reading everything I write or is written is for the birds..LOL... at this age Noah wasn't home all day so this is amusing to be to watch the progress so close!

Jenneve May 21st, 2008 08:53 AM

Butter May 21st, 2008 08:59 AM

:lol: It drives me crazy when Ani hovers by my shoulder reading whatever I'm writing.

MissyPrincessEha May 21st, 2008 11:07 AM

:lol: Gosh it is so TRUE! :lol:

LuvEmm May 21st, 2008 11:09 AM

:lol: I am right there with 'ya! Whenever I type I get "Mommy, can I type your words for you?" Then she reads everything I read on the computer and our nightly stories consist more of, "Mommy, where is the word you read that is 'awoke'?" Half the time I read to her I spend pointing out the words I just read. Whatever happened to docile children? ;)

My_Serenity May 21st, 2008 11:59 AM

The DH has to be careful what websites he's at when Xander is around. He visits a lot of video game forums and sometimes... some of the people like to uses inappropriate language. And now that Xander has started to naturally spell... we can't use the spelling code when we're talking anymore. Like last week DH asked if I wanted to get a S-L-U-R-P-E-E to share with the boys. Xander immediately 'Oh mom, please can we get a Slurpee!' Those gosh darn smart kids!

Elizabeth77 May 21st, 2008 03:36 PM

:lol: Yep! Rachel does that too! Except here it's IM's to DH when he's at work and we're chatting. Really frustrating when it's something about the kids. . . . .I have to remember to sneak something into him when she isn't in the room.

~hsingtreehouse~ May 21st, 2008 04:47 PM

Well, I guess I am the lucky one. LOL Scotty is not reading like "that" yet and Bryce doesn't care. He'd rather not be near me...it just isn't "cool" anymore to hang out where MOM is. :(

Miguelsmommy May 23rd, 2008 12:08 AM

I have to tell Miguel that it's adult talk whenever I'm typing because he'll stand there read everything and ask what I'm typing.