JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   What are you reading this week? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/1922972-what-you-reading-week.html)

Sandra314 March 27th, 2010 08:56 AM

What are you reading this week?

What books are you and/or your children reading this week?

BensMom March 27th, 2010 09:56 AM

Re: What are you reading this week?

I'm (still) reading "Out of Sync Child" (because I hate reading and it takes me forever to get through something). B's still reading "Tale of Desperaeux" (because we took a break to read "How to Train Your Dragon" and then came back to Desperaeux).

Miguels mommy March 27th, 2010 11:47 AM

I read the "Out of Sinc Child" that book. I'm still get through "Rich Man, Poor Man". Miguel is reading "New Moon".

Sandra314 March 27th, 2010 11:51 PM

I have heard of that book. I have not read it yet but plan to when I can get a copy from our library.

I am currently reading "The Power of a Praying Woman" by Stormie O' Martian and "Autism and Asperger Syndrome" by Ana Maria Rodriguez.

The boys are going through our read aloud chapter book: "The Time Warp Trio: Knights of the Kitchen Table" by Jon Scieszka. The humor in the book was delightful. The book was tailor made for boys in my opinion and it's great! Had I not been a mom of two boys, I would not been easily amused by it. I found it a perfect for early readers and young boys reluctant to read books like mine! :)

BensMom March 28th, 2010 05:22 AM

There's also a tv show for the TWT. I can't remember if it's PBS or discovery... I think it's PBS.

broxi3781 March 28th, 2010 08:25 AM

I'm reading one of Cesar Milan's books about dogs, " A member of the family" we've really been into the BOB books and hooked on phonics books this week and for some reason, both children are going through a phase with Sesame's Streets, "The Monster at the End of this Book" which we read several times a day!

Sandra314 March 28th, 2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BensMom (Post 19601880)
There's also a tv show for the TWT. I can't remember if it's PBS or discovery... I think it's PBS.

Thanks, I checked into it and it airs on Discovery Kids (premium Cable Channel). We just have basic cable. Maybe, I can ask my mom to tape a few shows (she has satellite tv).

crstarlette March 28th, 2010 03:38 PM

I'm just starting Learning All the Time by John Holt.

My oldest is reading Adventures in the Middle Ages (Good Time Travel Agency).

My middle child is reading Owl at Home.

Motherbird March 29th, 2010 11:38 AM

Our family read aloud at the moment is the first Narnia book.

My oldest is reading a book of Japanese folktales.

My 4 yr old just borrowed a box of BOB books from the library and is working her way through those. She is so excited about learning to read! She's already done the first 4 and is eager to tackle the rest.

Amaranth Dhanya March 29th, 2010 11:54 AM

I will probably have Connor reading book 3 of the BOB books. We are still doing his lesson book on reading and writing so that is done daily. But Ive been having him read the BOB books to see how it goes and he's done amazing! He loves it too which makes me happy.

As for me...Im reading book 6 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.