JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   What's going on this week? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/1924366-whats-going-week.html)

BensMom March 28th, 2010 10:30 PM

What's going on this week?

Busy week? Easy week? What's up?

hiskid1324 March 29th, 2010 05:43 AM

Re: What's going on this week?

Quiet week for the most part, I think we may be getting together with a friend of mine who has agreed to watch Rebecca when the baby comes. Not sure though, as she realized she may have made previous plans after we made plans, so I'm waiting to hear back. Other than that, just the usual stuff.

KeriMomof2 March 29th, 2010 08:40 AM

:DBUSY! BUSY! BUSY! LOL:lol:

Between "reg" school studies...Its time to get ready for EASTER:excited: Time to get all those goodies to gether....family coming in...weekened of yummy cooking ...sigh:D

BensMom March 29th, 2010 09:34 AM

Fairly easy week for us until the weekend. School every day, church wed night, library & therapy on Thur. The new fridge is being delivered to the other house on Saturday, and then next week is our week off from school to pack the last minute stuff and move. I won't be around much next week, I don't imagine.

Tweetybabies March 29th, 2010 10:41 AM

A relatively quiet week here, too. Mostly focusing on social studies, science and foreign language.

Motherbird March 29th, 2010 11:26 AM

Spring Break!! :-)

Sandra314 March 29th, 2010 05:08 PM

We took a few days off for our Spring break last week after all.
This week we have:
Monday- Library Day, nature Study on squirrels in Spring and reguar lessons .
Tuesday/Thursday - regular lessons on the Basics and Art and Crafts
Wednesday - Park day with our Homeschool Support group and a
Nature Study on wildflowers.
Friday - regular lessons and Music.

All week we are reading some wonderfull books on the first Easter (Jesus and the resurrection) for our unit study.

in_mommy March 29th, 2010 09:20 PM

Hopefully things will settle down and be easy. Plan on getting some work done and some packing in between things.

Sandra314 March 31st, 2010 10:57 PM

Looks like a change in our week, I had a terrible fall Late Monday night. I landed on my right hip, leg and knee. I almost fell forward but turned to avoid landing on my left knee (which is recovering from a meniscus tear).

No broken bones but I am black and blue all over and using a quad cane to get around. We did not do any homeschooling on Tuesday and Wednesday so that could get a little rest and take my pain meds.

I hope to be feeling better soon.

therevslady April 1st, 2010 06:23 AM

My husband is a priest, and it's Holy week, so we are VERY busy. The church is in the middle of a lot of changes (might be moving to a new building this month), I also just adopted the baby carrier business that I have been helping with over the past year, and I am trying to finish my doula cert before this baby gets here.... so this week has been shabby as far as school goes. PLUS we're all sick. YUCK. So, we're just trying to read a lot and she's been working by herself a lot in activity books. I'm fine taking it easy from school, but she flips out if we don't do school every day. It really bums her out, lol. So, basically I have been "pacifying" her with easy (but still somewhat challenging) worksheets and stuff so that she will be satisfied. We'll be doing arts and crafts all day tomorrow for Easter fun.

BensMom April 1st, 2010 10:15 AM

Goodness! You two have a crazy week! :( Hope you're feeling better soon!