JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   What's happening this week? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/1956211-whats-happening-week.html)

BensMom April 25th, 2010 09:47 PM

What's happening this week?

Let's hear it... what's going on?

in_mommy April 26th, 2010 11:46 AM

Re: What's happening this week?

Lets see, Whit's regular lessons M-W and adding a little those days extra to make up for Th and F, as my friend and I are having our annual yard sale early (since we are moving to help get rid of stuff). Waiting on Sarah's urine culture to come back. I don't think her antibiotics are helping, she is SO super crabby still!!! Giving Matthew a few more days on his antibiotic as he is still really wheezing and coughing a lot, then may have to take him back in. I have to clean church sometime between everything too.

christianmommato3 April 26th, 2010 12:34 PM

working on the house today. done with the school year Friday. I just finished ordering my books for August.....
the rest of the week is cleaning and planting my big new garden :)

Sandra314 April 26th, 2010 07:37 PM

We are finishing our Australian Study this week. We are planting some new flowers in our patio garden that we purchased over the weekend.

I am looking at ideas on what to order for our Language Arts curriculum (still not sure).

On Sunday afternoon (May 1st), we plan to attend First Sunday for families at the San Antonio Musuem of Art. They are doing JAPAN: the art of calligraphy, origami, manga and much more. I am sure the boys will enjoy making some crafts as well as listening to the storytelling, films, and performances.

BensMom April 26th, 2010 08:27 PM

Today was pix (see the other post) and we were supposed to see a show about bugs, but we didn't finish the photo shoot in time. We'll have to go Thursday.

Tomorrow, the guy is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally coming to fix our washer. We are seriously out of clothes!! At least it's under warranty, so that's nice.

Wed will be either tons and tons of laundry or we'll take a break and go to a history museum.

Thursday should've been library day, but we'll probably go to the bug show instead since it's the last showing (it's been playing for 2 mos :blush: ).

Friday is occupational therapy and we might have friends over for dinner. Not sure yet.

About 20-ish days of school left. We're finishing things up little by little. :cheer: I'm excited about buying next year's curriculum in the next few weeks. Can't wait to finalize my plans. I'm so OCD about things like that. :lol:

Miguels mommy April 27th, 2010 07:09 AM

Currently Miguel's grounded so our plans for this week have been canceled. Plus the family cat died yesterday. We might have to take a relative to the airport so we'll go to the museum that day.

BensMom April 27th, 2010 08:36 AM

Sorry about the cat. :cry:

mommytutu April 27th, 2010 12:03 PM

This is our last week of break. We have been at the pool most every day. We are tenatively planning a trip to Busch Gardens this weekend (Zoo/theme park) Depends on the weather, mostly.

I have been getting our classroom set up in our new house (we moved in March but have been doing school downstairs) and I plan on painting our Alphabet Tree on the wall this weekend. Then all I will have to do is hang the white board and we'll be ready to use our new room!

dalynnrmc April 27th, 2010 03:48 PM

Hubby left for St. Louis Sunday morning and will be back tonight, so we'll go a little early so the boys can see his plane land. :)

Tomorrow I'm assuming will be mostly a day of rest; not sure what hubby's work week looks like.

We're expecting our income tax return to arrive at my parents' house this week, so we'll either go get that or have them mail it to us or bring it to us. Then we'll go down to San Antonio with it and put in our deposit and application on the house we're wanting to rent! If the money doesn't arrive until Friday, that part will have to wait until Monday.

All's possible we'll be moving this weekend, or probably sometime next week, or next weekend at the latest!

:excited: :excited: We've been "about to move" or "in the process of moving" for like 2 or 3 months now. I'm ready to get moved already. LOL

~FaRRaH~ April 29th, 2010 11:45 AM

we had our 2nd homeschool review which is the last for this year and Izzie and his schooling passed with flying colors and he was praised for his excellence. so we have about 5 weeks left to school and then onto summer break. Izzie we found out has mono so he is limited from any activities at this time until late may.

BensMom April 29th, 2010 08:53 PM

Ugh! Poor thing! :( Glad school went so well, though!