JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   Today was my ordering day!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2004366-today-my-ordering-day.html)

in_mommy June 8th, 2010 02:31 PM

Today was my ordering day!!

Woot!! I am so excited!! I have books 1-5 of CLP Nature Readers coming from the hive. I ordered my easy grammar, spectrum stuff, and a bunch of misc. things from rainbow resource. Is it here yet??!! LOL!! I already have my history, science and all that stuff already. Once it all gets here we will be getting started again :) I already have my math, history, science and all that stuff already, just needed a big change for grammar.

Miguels mommy June 8th, 2010 06:55 PM

Re: Today was my ordering day!!

Were waiting for 3 boxes. I just wished it was over night delivery. I always just want the things NOW.

BensMom June 8th, 2010 08:05 PM

:lol: I'm waiting on Latin and Math. Both will be new for us, so I can't wait to dig into them. It doesn't help that I changed my mind on math after I'd already ordered it, so I didn't even get the 20% discount this time, and I have to wait longer. :rolleyes: I'm so indecisive!

mater bibit June 9th, 2010 08:07 AM

How exciting! I have to live vicariously through others since I realized I already have everything we need for the next year so I miss out on ordering stuff this year. :( lol What's even worse is that I was intending to drag this next year out to a year and a half. Wah! lol

Well, I did get the student pages for MEPs reception year printed through an online printing company and I'm waiting for them to arrive today so .. that kind of counts I guess. :D

BensMom June 9th, 2010 08:22 AM

Waiting is waiting! It counts! :lol:

in_mommy June 9th, 2010 08:52 AM

I say it counts too!! Oh, I did go ahead and get the Around the World in 180 Days, so that makes 3 separate orders I am waiting on :) I am SO excited!!! It's Christmas for me LOL!!! Is it here yet, is it here yet??????

BensMom June 9th, 2010 10:08 AM

I'm thinking about doing 180 between MOH 4 and the repeat back to MOH 1. :lol:

mater bibit June 9th, 2010 10:48 AM

Perhaps it's just me but .. whenever I am waiting for something via UPS my package is ALWAYS one of the last deliveries of the day. I've totally seen the UPS truck come down our street and deliver to the neighbours earlier in the day .. even to my husband! But if it's me waiting? .. oh no .. the very last delivery of the day. *sigh*

in_mommy June 9th, 2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ♥YarnTotingMama♥ (Post 20472658)
Perhaps it's just me but .. whenever I am waiting for something via UPS my package is ALWAYS one of the last deliveries of the day. I've totally seen the UPS truck come down our street and deliver to the neighbours earlier in the day .. even to my husband! But if it's me waiting? .. oh no .. the very last delivery of the day. *sigh*

It's not just you!! When I am waiting on something that I really really want I am the last one too. I used to get postal mail around lunch time and now it doesn't come till around 4'ish :( I know 2 of the 3 are coming postal service, not sure on my rainbow resource one I am guessing UPS.

Sandra314 June 10th, 2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_mommy (Post 20462647)
Woot!! I am so excited!! I have books 1-5 of CLP Nature Readers coming from the hive.

We have the Nature Readers. Did you know that they have Nature Reader Book K. I found it at their site and ordered it. This read aloud book is wonderful because provides an illustrated animal lesson for each letter of the alphabet. Each lesson is two pages. Lesson 1 was A is for Alligator and we learned that the mother lays about 20 to 70 eggs on high ground. She leaves the nest and watches it nearby for 2 months. We found out that she listens for a sound to know when her babies are hatching from the eggs. A baby alligator starts out at the size of 18 inches and can live to be 56 years old! To supplement we are reading books on the different animals we will be reading about each week.

My youngest enjoys learning about the animals.