JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   School Supplies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2055356-school-supplies.html)

BensMom July 28th, 2010 02:42 AM

School Supplies

I know PS lists are always very specific about types and brands of supplies needed. Thankfully homeschoolers can buy anything they want (even generics!!). Is there anything you HAVE to buy in a particular style/brand just for your own mind, though?

RachaelDMommaTo3 July 28th, 2010 03:11 AM

Re: School Supplies

I'm not too brand specific.. but if I'm buying crayons or markers they have to be Crayola.. haha.. other than that I don't care!

mommyof2princesses July 28th, 2010 04:01 AM

Crayola all the way for crayons, colored pencils and markers! i just love the smell of a new box of crayola crayons! I also watch the brand of pencils as many of them don't sharpen well. Dixon seems to do well for us.

JustAKrazymom July 28th, 2010 05:06 AM

I like Elmers for glue..white and sticks. I use crayola for most things for schooling but the off brands are fine for the kids own use coloring, drawing etc.. I have stocked up big time on the sales..I have enough glue sticks for a good 6 months...maybe..LOL

christianmommato3 July 28th, 2010 06:24 AM

I like Crayola and Elmers. thank goodness for b2s sales!

silverlife July 28th, 2010 07:03 AM

My only "requirement" is that markers are washable! I also prefer washable crayons. Once my children are older, they can have normal crayons. :D

*~Amber~* July 28th, 2010 07:51 AM

I have to have crayola crayons and Elmer's white glue. Other than that I will take whatever is on sale and seems to be a decent quality.

BensMom July 28th, 2010 08:30 AM

Crayola, and I don't care about the glue brand as long as it's clear (liquid) or white (stick). I hate the blue and purple stuff!

Sandra314 July 28th, 2010 02:24 PM

Our requirements for crayons, markers, and pencil colors are that they are by Crayola. Watercolor paints must be by Prang. Glue sticks and glue by Elmer's.

Miguels mommy July 28th, 2010 02:47 PM

I'm not brand specific for him but I like prisma color.

hiskid1324 July 29th, 2010 06:51 PM

Unfortunately for health reasons (allergies) we are an all Crayola household until I figure out what other brands are allergen free for our household, lol. However, I LOVE Crayola products anyway, so it just gives me an excuse to spend the extra money on their products, LOL.

I really like fiskars products as well. :)