JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   How much longer (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2301633-how-much-longer.html)

in_mommy April 12th, 2011 07:22 PM

How much longer

How much longer do you have to go before you are done with the school year? If we do not take any days at all, which I am sure we will take a day at least, but if we don't then our last day is set to be May 25th. Matthew is getting really excited as he is will be doing a review of his last chapter in 1st grade math and then his test on that chapter, and then he will do a review of the years work and have a final on it and move on to 2nd grade work!

Frackel April 12th, 2011 08:24 PM

Re: How much longer

Somewhere around May 27th, I think. At least that's the plan anyway.

Alison79 April 12th, 2011 08:30 PM

We just started in January with my 5 year old so we will likely continue to go through the summer. Our tentative plan is to school during the summer because it's so hot here and take two longer breaks in the fall and spring. We'll see how that works and go from there.

BensMom April 12th, 2011 08:58 PM

We're in the middle of a dove-tail transition right now. We've already moved on in reading comp and English. Everything else will dovetail sometime between now and May 20th. We're doing a 4-week summer term starting at the end of May, and then we'll break for 8 weeks after that (2 weeks of camp, 1 week of vacation, 2 weeks of camp, 2 weeks of vacation, a week of VBS, and back to the Fall term :lol:).

Butter April 13th, 2011 04:15 AM

We go year round. Cameron is 10 lessons into 3rd grade. Ani will finish 7th the end of June/beginning of July. Fritz is just over halfway through kindergarten. They move up as they finish a grade.

Cesca April 13th, 2011 04:53 AM

Our virtual academy's last day is June 6th or something like that (not looking at calendar) but we plan to continue working on assignments (that weren't completed during the regular school year) over the summer. K12 has a 90% completion requirement so we'll do the other 10% over the summer.

~FaRRaH~ April 13th, 2011 06:56 AM

we will be done the 2nd week of may and wil do some light work over the summer, reading, times tables review and pick back up in sept.

christianmommato3 April 13th, 2011 07:45 AM

right now it is May 20th. Then we will take a month off. then I will do testing. Then they will have a month off again for camps,church stuff, parks, swimming. We will start back August 9th! I plan to start year long in August.

*~Amber~* April 13th, 2011 08:57 AM

We will finish the bulk of our work May 6th. We will do some math review and reading over the summer a few times a week but our daily work ends May 6th as long as we stay on track for the next 3.5 weeks.

Miguels mommy April 13th, 2011 09:57 PM

We finish or gave up on what's left for this year last week. We packed up anything we may use later for 6th grade. We started MBTP yesterday but our review is this Friday. He officially moves up the June 13th. He started his three day schedule this week. It isn't taking nearly as long as I thought to get through a day in MBTP so this is a good curriculum if his excitement keeps up. If not we'll look for something new in August at our local curriculum fair.

The Studious Mrs P. April 15th, 2011 05:46 AM

We started mid February and have had 2 weeks off already so ..er.. :lol:

I actually want to be done by Fall because we've decided to go in a different direction curriculum wise and I'd like to get an earlier start on it so my plan is to speed up what we're doing (aside from math and phonics which continue always at their own pace) so that I can start the new curriculum in September. Either way, we're most likely not going to be done before August and possibly not before December.

IsraelSofiaMalachi&baby April 15th, 2011 04:15 PM

Last day of regular schooling will be May 5th but the 6th,9th,10th and 11th will be testing days.(hubby wants me to test him half way and end of school year)

We'll start back up begining August.