JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   Storms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2306488-storms.html)

in_mommy April 18th, 2011 08:00 PM

Storms

Did everyone make it through the weekend storms ok?? We went up to stay with my mom over the weekend while my dad went out of town on business again when we heard about it all. My great aunt lives in NC and we couldn't make contact with her for the longest time, she is fine, just was without power/phone/internet for 24 hrs. I know several other people who live there and they all made it through it all. We are gearing up for what sounds to be a crazy day around here tomorrow and through tomorrow night. This is the part of spring that I can do without, the severe weather.

BensMom April 18th, 2011 10:06 PM

Re: Storms

Storms? :huh: I haven't watched the news much lately. Didn't know anything was going on ... other than heat, drought, and wildfires here in TX.

sarah1up April 19th, 2011 04:49 AM

We are in South Carolina and ended up missing everything. It was a huge storm system, though. Hope the next round isn't so bad!

D@mnedYankee April 19th, 2011 08:00 AM

I havent heard from my inlaws so I am a little concerned for them, they are in NC. As for us in VA we dont live in the county that got the touch down, just a lot of wind and rain on our side

Quote:

Originally Posted by BensMom (Post 23675006)
Storms? :huh: I haven't watched the news much lately. Didn't know anything was going on ... other than heat, drought, and wildfires here in TX.

a nasty bit of thunderstorms with tornadoes came through this weekend. The storm was apparently big enough I am pretty sure the weather person was saying the same system that was causing tornadoes in NC and VA was causing snow in parts of Maine

Frackel April 19th, 2011 08:43 AM

We got slammed with nasty rains on Saturday. But I don't live anywhere near any of the areas affected by the big storms. Just typical weather for here in the spring.

It was oddly warm for a day or two last week, and then Friday the temps dipped way down low again.(typical for here). The high winds picked up on Friday and lasted through Sunday. Saturday early am it started raining and downpoured most of the day. It's rained on and off here and there since then too.

At least the winds stopped. They were blowing at about 20mph and gusting up to well over 55+ mph for a lot of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Now it just looks gloomy out, lol.

in_mommy April 19th, 2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Um, you better turn on the weather channel lol!! The storms that went through over the weekend killed around 40 something people across the country, with 20 something coming just from NC.
We had hail pounding the windows around 2:30 this morning and a little thunder but it wasn't bad. Now what we are supposed to get during the evening/overnight tonight is supposed to be really bad :( Looks like early bed for everyone around here to make sure we get some sleep before it hits.

*~Amber~* April 19th, 2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

other than heat, drought, and wildfires here in TX.

This exactly except here in central/west OK. The storms developed not 10miles east of here and we didn't see a drop of rain. We NEED rain. I haven't seen my husband during the daylight hours in about 3 weeks, He has been fighting fire everyday.

in_mommy April 20th, 2011 08:21 AM

Nasty ones blew through here last night. Our county in southern IN has declared a local disaster emergency. I heard the tornado go over, I thought hubby was upstairs walking around, wasn't him LOL!! We are all ok here, not seeing much damage, not to far from here I can't say the same :( We received enough notice and knew it was coming, so people were able to get to safety faster.

TaraJo29 April 20th, 2011 06:30 PM

We had a lot of rain & T-storms last night and this morning... that's it. Nothing too alarming.