JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   No longer homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2343506-no-longer-homeschooling.html)

Cesca June 5th, 2011 02:40 PM

No longer homeschooling

My son decided that he missed going to school with the other kids and wants to be back in regular schools next year. I'm gonna call around to 2 of the local private schools (one christian one catholic) to see if we qualify for scholarships. I REALLY don't want him in our local district.

TaraJo29 June 5th, 2011 05:12 PM

Re: No longer homeschooling

Hope it works out for you. I looked into a local private school and it would cost us 9,000 / yr for both of our boys (total). Yipes... :o

BensMom June 5th, 2011 06:04 PM

Also look around your area for "university model" homeschools. Like a university, kids attend class 2-3 days per week, but do the bulk of the work from home. It's a great compromise for a lot of people who want to homeschool, but also want a school setting.

Cesca June 6th, 2011 07:44 AM

Thanks. :) If I can't get him into either private school, I'll check that out, BensMom. :)

TaraJo29, I only have the one child I'd be placing but that is something we'll have to think about if we decide to place Princess where Little Man goes. Still have 2 school years for that though.

One of them has a $38/month payment plan that we could swing if we don't qualify for scholarships. (i really don't see that happening unless they aren't giving anymore out for the year though. LOL)

in_mommy June 6th, 2011 07:31 PM

Good luck!! I hope things work out for him!

D@mnedYankee June 9th, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BensMom (Post 24098697)
I'm thinking it's $38/wk rather than $38/mo. When I first saw that, I thought it was a typo.

I agree we had DD at a Private school here last year and it was $280/month and that was half price :/
if it isnt then jump on it!

mamma_anna June 9th, 2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D@mnedYankee (Post 24101217)
I agree we had DD at a Private school here last year and it was $280/month and that was half price :/
if it isnt then jump on it!

:eek:Geez...Even $560 a month seems cheap to me. We pay almost $800 a month per girl and that's with financial aid and sibling discounts.

I hope something works out for you. :)

BensMom June 9th, 2011 06:15 PM

It's $800-1300/mo here, but private schools are kinda cut-throat around here, too.

Cesca June 10th, 2011 09:53 AM

The form says "Monthly with a processing fee of $38" So now I'm not sure if it's just 38 per month or that's on top of whatever the monthly fee is.

Discussed the options with Little Man last night. We decided (Hubby, Little Man, & I) that we didn't think the uniform option would probably work out very well. LM has a hard time putting his laundry away in a manner that doesn't cause wrinkles and the private schools obviously want neat appearances. So we're back to regular public school. I have a call in to try to open enroll him to one of the elementary schools in the next district over. Fighting like crazy to keep him out of our local district but might be unavoidable.