JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   Movie Quotes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/247953-movie-quotes.html)

KarateMom July 10th, 2006 03:33 PM

OK, this stems from another thread, and I thought it might make a fun game. I love movies and movie quotes and thought we could have fun trying to stump one another with our favorite movie quotes. (If this is not fun, I'm sorry!)
Here's how I think it should go: I'll post a movie quote and you try to guess what movie it's from, as well as post your own quote for us to try to figure out...make sense? (And at some point, if nobody has guessed your quote, tell us what it is so we don't all go mad!)

OK so I'll start: "You know ah love you more'n my luggage!" (note feeble attempt at Southern accent)

joandsarah77 July 10th, 2006 03:42 PM

For those of us who would get a F in movie quotes, can we have some hints?

Shery July 10th, 2006 04:00 PM

Is it an old movie or a recent one?
Could it be Gone With the Wind. Just a guess because of the southern accent.
Old or new?
I want to get it so I can do one :).

KarateMom July 10th, 2006 06:03 PM

Let's see - hints, hints, hints...

The movie is is probably 15 years old and stars 5 well-known actresses. It's set in some place that Shery might know. It is NOT Gone With the Wind! The "theme" of the movie is lasting friendship...I think that's all I can say!

Another, maybe more well-known quote would be, "My colors are 'blush' and 'bashful'. I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deepah than the othah!" and "Pink is mah signature culah!"

Also, I should have specified that you don't have to solve the quote to add one to the mix! (I LOVE making up rules!!)
And we're not grading, Jo, so don't give yourself an ulcer over it! *grin*

Shery July 11th, 2006 07:02 AM

IT'S BEACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo. I don't just know the place....we have family there :).
Am I right.
Did Bette say it???

Here goes:

"Don't be jealous cause I've been chatting online with hot babes ALL DAY."

KarateMom July 11th, 2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

IT'S BEACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo. I don't just know the place....we have family there :).
Am I right.
Did Bette say it???

Here goes:

"Don't be jealous cause I've been chatting online with hot babes ALL DAY."[/b]
Well, I'm sorry to burst you bubble...it's actually from "Steel Magnolias" (which for some reason I think is set in Louisiana...and you're there, right?) Olympia Dukakis' character says it to Weezer (Shirly MacLaine) toward the end. The other lines were Julia Roberts.

Ummm, let me see...I'm a little stumped on your quote....I assume it's a recent movie...(what with the "online" reference)....

Is it "You've Got Mail"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here's another one from me:
"Get the stick, Max, get the stick!....(throws pretend stick).....HA! There's no stick! I'm smarter!"

Shery July 11th, 2006 09:01 AM

Dang..you are not going to believe this, but I meant Steel Magnolias....I really did!!! I guess I got the title wrong because Bette Midler plays in both of them, right. Yep, Steel Magnolias takes place in Natchitoches...here in Louisiana. It is a beautiful place. They really do have a lot of gatherings right in downtown on that hill like they did at the end of the movie....right by the bridge that the coupe drove over on the motorcycle at the end of the movie.

No, mine isn't "You've Got Mail". It is more recent than that. It actually seems like a low budget movie that for some reason MADE IT. There are a lot of 80's references...just a classic. However, you either LOVE it or HATE it. I happen to l love it. I knew from the beginning of the movie when the main character got on the schoolbus with the awful music playing and tied his action figure to a string and threw it out the bus window to watch it drag all the way to school that I was going to like it.

KarateMom July 11th, 2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Dang..you are not going to believe this, but I meant Steel Magnolias....I really did!!! I guess I got the title wrong because Bette Midler plays in both of them, right. Yep, Steel Magnolias takes place in Natchitoches...here in Louisiana. It is a beautiful place. They really do have a lot of gatherings right in downtown on that hill like they did at the end of the movie....right by the bridge that the coupe drove over on the motorcycle at the end of the movie.

No, mine isn't "You've Got Mail". It is more recent than that. It actually seems like a low budget movie that for some reason MADE IT. There are a lot of 80's references...just a classic. However, you either LOVE it or HATE it. I happen to l love it. I knew from the beginning of the movie when the main character got on the schoolbus with the awful music playing and tied his action figure to a string and threw it out the bus window to watch it drag all the way to school that I was going to like it.[/b]
OOO, OOO "Napoleon Dynamite"!!!! I've not seen it, despite several people that I know saying that I should! I wouldn't mind seeing it, I don't think, although I'm not a huge fan of movies that are just "character study" type movies - does that make sense? I should request it from Netflix and watch it during the day sometime because Troy has NO interest in seeing it!

I LOVE "Steel Magnolias"! It's one of my absolute favorites and I've probably seen it 100 times! I just bought a cheap DVD copy on sale at Beat Buy for $6! Oh, and the main stars are Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Darryl Hannah, Shirley MacLaine, and Olympia Dukakis, but I won't deduct TOO many points for that since you were able to say which town it was set in!
It's funny, when you had said that you had family there, but you said the movie was "Beaches", I thought, "Wait a minute, isn't Beaches is in Cape Cod or something?" :lol:

So, what's your next one? Did you get my second one?

*psst, I think we're the only two people participating in this game!*

joandsarah77 July 11th, 2006 03:38 PM

I knew that was a Shirly MacLaine movie but couldn't remember which one.

I havn't a clue about this next one.

KarateMom July 12th, 2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

I knew that was a Shirly MacLaine movie but couldn't remember which one.

I havn't a clue about this next one.[/b]
Well, I'll give a hint since you're Quotedly Challenged, Jo!
It's a well-known holiday story and the movie star's a well known actor who you might not recognize only because he's completely covered in makeup (and fur...).

Don't you have a quote to add, Jo?

joandsarah77 July 12th, 2006 02:40 PM

A quote?, um um ask me later when I've woken up! :sleepy:

I don't think I've even seen that other one. :unsure:

KarateMom July 12th, 2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

A quote?, um um ask me later when I've woken up! :sleepy:

I don't think I've even seen that other one. :unsure:[/b]
Would it help if I said "covered in green make up"?

joandsarah77 July 12th, 2006 02:49 PM

Well I've never seen it, but I will guess either the Mask or the Hulk.

KarateMom July 13th, 2006 02:38 PM

OK, well you were close, in that the movie starred Jim Carey. It's from the "new" Grinch Who Stole Christmas! If you haven't seen it, well...you should. It's great and has become a family classic around here. (who needs "Miracle on 34th Street" when you've got Jim Carey as The Grinch?)

joandsarah77 July 14th, 2006 12:22 AM

Ok heres one- "I've been in outhouses that didn't stink that bad!" :lol:

KarateMom July 14th, 2006 04:42 AM

Quote:

Ok heres one- "I've been in outhouses that didn't stink that bad!" :lol:[/b]
Hmmm, I think I'm going to need a hint or two...it sounds familiar but I'm still a little stumped.

joandsarah77 July 14th, 2006 02:48 PM

It's a 'family' movie, and lets just say after we gave this to my dd a week ago it's been getting a lot of air time.

KarateMom July 14th, 2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

It's a 'family' movie, and lets just say after we gave this to my dd a week ago it's been getting a lot of air time.[/b]
Hmmmm, is it real characters or animated characters? I think I need more hints!

joandsarah77 July 14th, 2006 06:09 PM

Animated. :smile: Heres another quote- "Yikes! She's a guy!"

joandsarah77 July 17th, 2006 02:25 PM

Is it too hard?