JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   Summer (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2539432-summer.html)

clouise June 15th, 2012 07:31 AM

Summer

Who is off for the summer? And who is schooling year-around? If you're on a break (or have a break coming up!) when will you start back up?

mom24cuties June 15th, 2012 08:06 AM

Re: Summer

We are doing a lite summer schedule, and we start our full schedule August 6th.

Frackel June 15th, 2012 09:16 AM

We take summer off, although we've been done with school for a little bit now.

We'll start back up in August.

The kids do have some subjects they are working on over the summer but they're not really part of our school year and they aren't things that the kids have to do. It's just some things they chose to do because it's something they're interested in.

Butter June 15th, 2012 10:50 AM

We usually do school year round, but a week from tomorrow my sister and nephew are arriving and they'll be here for 6 1/2 weeks so we're going to do minimal school over the summer. We'll go back full time the end of August or early September.

christianmommato3 June 15th, 2012 08:38 PM

We just finished today. I just have to do their achievement tests next week...
We will take 8 weeks off and start the 2nd week of August:smile:

ady's mommy June 16th, 2012 06:16 PM

We finished first grade on May 31th and are starting back in September. We are not officially schooling this summer but we are working on reading, math, and writing.

The Studious Mrs P. June 16th, 2012 07:32 PM

Schooling year-round here. We had two weeks off last month for an overseas trip. It was hot so I think that counts as a summer break.

2pinks&ablue June 17th, 2012 11:33 AM

We're schooling year-round here, and we'll take a couple of shorter breaks this summer. Then a bit longer break in August/September when baby arrives.

BensMom June 19th, 2012 10:16 AM

Taking a break right now. We'll do a unit study on ancient Rome in July and then start back on a full scheduled in mid-August.

*~Amber~* June 19th, 2012 11:23 AM

The kids are off for the summer, my upcoming first grader wants to do a little school so I told her we would do something as soon as we got settled back in from vacation. I am thinking we will do some unit studies or something.

in_mommy June 20th, 2012 08:56 PM

We finally finished up and are taking a break for about a month then we are going to start back mid July.

misslyn July 1st, 2012 08:23 PM

We take summers off. I had originally wanted to school year round. But DH nixed that idea very early on. That and once I started with my boys....there was no way I'd survive school year round. I found that I needed the break moreso than they do.

We finished later this year than I would have liked. (3rd wk in June) We had a lot of sick time plus having a baby early in the fall didn't help our schedule.

We usually start back just after Labor Day every year. But this year I think we will start the middle of August, and just take off Labor Day instead.

AK-47 July 10th, 2012 02:16 AM

We are off for summer now and we will be back in august on full-scheduled study.