JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   Easy Grammar questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2586493-easy-grammar-questions.html)

brandimomof2 October 19th, 2012 10:40 AM

Easy Grammar questions

Hi ladies, I have another question for you wonderful ladies!!! I decided to give Easy Grammar a try with my 5th grader because she hates R&S. I happen to like RS but she does not. I am hoping Easy Grammar will be more her style.

Do you have to buy the workbook as well? It appeared like maybe you didnt because it says it has reproducible worksheets. I actually went to Mardel today and bought the teachers addition but I was so distracted with the baby that I ended up buying 4th grade instead of 5th grade. ugggghhh Is there much of a difference between those two grade levels or is it pretty much the same with more prepositions? If there isnt much difference then I will just keep it and not worry about exchanging it.

I hope it works for her. I was using a free one online for awhile but didnt feel it was enough. It was basically a really quick review.

Has anyone used the 2nd grade level? Thinking of getting it too for my younger one.

BensMom October 19th, 2012 02:53 PM

Re: Easy Grammar questions

I haven't used EG. I've seen it, but it's been a long time (browsing at Mardels, actually). I can't really answer you.

brandimomof2 October 19th, 2012 06:25 PM

Well thanks for responding anyhow. LOL After looking through it I know I dont need the workbook. Now I just need to know how much a difference there is between 4th and 5th grade levels.

I think it just has more prepositions but not sure if that is the only difference. I should go back and take my time comparing them without a baby and 2 kids. LOL

alittlelost October 20th, 2012 04:47 AM

I haven't used it. We aren't on that level yet. We use ReadingEggs.com and Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. That has been working wonders for us (especially reading eggs). but that is really just teaching to read, not a lot on grammar, and it only goes up to age 13.

BensMom October 20th, 2012 06:48 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can always teach prepositions on your own if you want, or just save it until next year. :)

in_mommy October 24th, 2012 07:12 AM

That is what we used a couple of years. Each year it just adds more prepositions. I never bought the workbook, I just made copies from the teacher book. We liked it, the only reason we switched was out of convience of SOS being what we were using this year. DD learned and understood more with EG versus Abeka which bored her to tears.