JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   The "Homeschool Bus" (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2618915-homeschool-bus.html)

BensMom January 26th, 2013 08:47 PM

The "Homeschool Bus"

(Because my kids say I drive the homeschool bus... LOL)

Are you a good driver? How many wrecks or tickets have you had? Do you fall asleep or text/call/eat/groom/etc. while driving?

Frackel January 27th, 2013 04:14 AM

Re: The "Homeschool Bus"

I'm the best driver in the world.
I've never had an accident. I've never gotten a ticket. I never do anything else while driving.

I suppose I can attribute that to the fact that I am not allowed to get a license and likely never will.
Not because I can't drive, but because I can't possibly pass their vision test since I'm legally blind, and it's only going to get worse.

Irish_Wristwatch January 27th, 2013 04:07 PM

Im a decent driver, but i also a very nervous driver, so i can do it, but i prefer not to, so dh does the driving, and usually takes the car to work, leaving the boys and I with public transit, or walking

ive never been in an accident, other than the one time someone backed into me while i was parked, does that count?

and no i do not text or use my phone while driving, that is actually illegal here

2pinks&ablue January 27th, 2013 05:05 PM

I'm a very nervous driver, but I'm also a fairly new driver. The only "accident" I've ever been in was when I backed into a house :rolleyes:

Erin.minus.thyroid January 27th, 2013 06:30 PM

i consider myself a fairly good driver. i have only been in a couple of fender benders and they were not my fault. I have gotten speeding tickets in the past but its been about 8 years i think, before i had kids.
i use my phone occasionally while driving but only talking, never texting. i eat sometimes while driving but not often and only things that are easy to eat.

IronMamma January 27th, 2013 11:55 PM

I am the best! :giggle: I have never gotten a ticket, nothing. I have never fallen asleep. In fact, I love driving. I have driven to both ends of the country three times. When I am driving I am wide awake and alert.

Butter January 28th, 2013 06:03 AM

I am not a fan of driving. No tickets, no accidents, nothing. I don't do anything but drive when I'm behind the wheel. No use in being distracted.

bookworm16_2000 January 29th, 2013 08:31 AM

I haven't been in an accident or gotten a speeding ticket. I don't do anything except drive when I'm driving- the drivers around me are scary enough!

ultrarun71 February 7th, 2013 05:45 PM

I'm a really good driver, my last ticket was in 1995. I had a new Mustang convertible and was an Officer in the Army, and was caught going 90 in a 55 zone. I was so nervous that the Post General would find out about it, I've been a good girl since 1995. I don't text and I just don't believe in it. If someone really wants to talk to me they will call and I have bluetooth in my SUV.