JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   Who does the maintenance in your family? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2618916-who-does-maintenance-your-family.html)

BensMom January 26th, 2013 08:51 PM

Who does the maintenance in your family?

When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time?

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air?

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)?

Frackel January 27th, 2013 04:16 AM

Re: Who does the maintenance in your family?

When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? I do, and the kids help

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? I do

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)? Not really applicable here. But I CAN do the maintenance on a car.

2Corinthians10:4 January 27th, 2013 01:41 PM

For everything in our house we call maintenance since we live in military housing :)

Dh takes care of our car.

Irish_Wristwatch January 27th, 2013 04:08 PM

When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? DH

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? usually me, because i notice it needs to be done first, but dh has done it before too

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)?
Dh

2pinks&ablue January 27th, 2013 05:16 PM

Both of us, for all of the above. Carpentry type stuff is usually me though, since I have experience as a carpenter's apprentice.

Erin.minus.thyroid January 27th, 2013 06:31 PM

DH does most of this. i sometimes take the car in for maintenance but DH sometimes does it at home

Butter January 28th, 2013 06:06 AM

Jamie or my dad.

therevslady January 28th, 2013 12:58 PM

When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? It depends. My husband has Parkinson's-like disease and bad tremors. If it's something risky with his tremors, or that will make his tremors worse, then I do it. I do anything that involves a ladder (he's afraid of heights which makes his tremors worse), I use the lawn mower bc he can't, but he trims the bushes, we use tools 50/50 depending on who's inspired, lol, we heavy lift together, etc.

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? Ha- we are terrible home owners and haven't looked into doing this yet....

We do this 50/50 as well.

bookworm16_2000 January 29th, 2013 08:52 AM

DH does all of those type things. I am better at the cleaning!

ultrarun71 February 7th, 2013 05:39 PM

When it comes to things that require a ladder, lawnmower, toolbox, chemicals or heavy lifting, who does it most of the time? That is mainly me, but I count mowing the lawn as a hobby.

What about the routine stuff inside like changing filters in the fridge or air? That is my husband, but I remind him that it needs to get done.

What about the car(s)? Who takes it in for an oil change (or does it themselves)? I take my car for all its maintenance, but my husband takes his for an oil change.