JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   I caved....kinda sad but I know she needs it. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/2637932-i-caved-kinda-sad-but-i-know-she-needs.html)

2Corinthians10:4 March 26th, 2013 05:52 AM

I caved....kinda sad but I know she needs it.

So I put Addi in pre-k yesterday. Not for the academics, she does not need the academics at all, but she does need the social aspect. In Hawaii she was able to play with her friends all the time but here she is stuck at home with my grandma all week and only gets to play with her cousins on the weekends. She was bored and was turning into a terror. I finally caved and put her in the half day program at my school yesterday and she loved it! We will still homeschool next year but for the next 8 weeks I think this is a great experience for her. I admit I cried yesterday at drop off though.

LABs March 26th, 2013 10:53 AM

Re: I caved....kinda sad but I know she needs it.

I'm sure she will love it! Don't be so hard on yourself! I send my girls to classes to get them the experience they can't get at home! You can't be 100% of everything a child needs all the time. The point of a good education is to meet their needs at the level they are at. Sounds perfect for right now to meet her needs while meeting yours!

Irish_Wristwatch March 26th, 2013 12:36 PM

im sure she will love going :) its ok to send her to a class/program to socialize and get new experiences, you wouldnt feel bad about sending her to a swimming lesson or art class ((hugs))

2Corinthians10:4 March 27th, 2013 05:31 AM

Yea that's kind of how I was looking at it. It did feel good to have her teacher tell me yesterday that she was most definitely a very bright child and she could tell I work with her a lot at home. I explained our homeschooling situation and she said she could tell it was working great for us, so that made me smile.

BensMom March 27th, 2013 06:17 AM

She'll be fine. I think transitions are always easier on kids than they are on us!

jhmomofmany March 27th, 2013 02:30 PM

Awesome thing about homeschooling is that you can define it in any way that works the best for you and your child. :) I'm sure once you're used to the idea you will appreciate the time to do things for yourself while you can!

2pinks&ablue March 29th, 2013 04:33 PM

I'm glad she loves it! We did pre-k here too with Alyssa and Rylan, for the same reasons :)

Countrymom4 March 30th, 2013 07:48 AM

Don't beat yourself up Megan, You are doing a good thing for Addi right now.