JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   Organizers? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/269670-organizers.html)

Motherbird August 2nd, 2006 06:46 PM

Speaking of planning and organizing, do any of you use a homeschooling organizer/planner? If so, do you have a specific one that you'd recommend? I'm considering getting one because I'd like to have everything written down and recorded in one place.

LadyBelle August 2nd, 2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Speaking of planning and organizing, do any of you use a homeschooling organizer/planner? If so, do you have a specific one that you'd recommend? I'm considering getting one because I'd like to have everything written down and recorded in one place.[/b]
I just use some of the printables on Donna Youngs site. I have a 3"notebook i keep all the records i need in it.copy of kids shots,copy of my diploma,attendance records,and then add the years overview,then a weekly overview with supply list, followed by my daily lesson plan.if i will be doing printed worksheets ect i add them in it for easy access.everything is seperated by tabs.

KarateMom August 3rd, 2006 05:02 AM

I don't use an organizer, but then again, I'm not a super-organized person. The other day, I bought a college student planner at Office Depot to write my lessons in, and I have a stackable organizer which is where I put finished worksheets and flat projects. I do keep Reilly's math worksheets in a three ring binder since it's all one curriculum. Now, this being said, a lot of it might have to do with us still being in early elementary school, as well as the fact that I don't have to keep any official records to homeschool in my state. I may switch to an actual homeschool organizer as The Kids get older.

dingledine August 5th, 2006 10:05 PM

A couple of years ago I bought a real teachers organizer. I have not seen any since. I have not looked at the store I bought it from though. I think it was Barnes and Nobles, or Borders. Instead of putting a date with each assignment, along the top. I just write in each assignment. That way I can see how much I have left, and have done. Then plan accordingly. After the work is completed, I write in the date and score. I do that for each subject. I started doing this last year, because otherwise I would constantly go through his books and look ahead, and guess what I should be doing and how much needed done. This way I can see right away, so in the end it is a time saver. Plus, it keeps me on track and I KNOW what I have accomplished with a glance.

The reason I don't put a date in for ANY of them, is because as you know, a home school doesn't run the same way as a classroom. I tried doing that 2 years ago, and gave up. We were off course within a couple of weeks, if that. What with, appointments, unforseen circumstances, needing a lighter day, or being sick!