JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   A bit about me (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/372875-bit-about-me.html)

peggy2326 November 17th, 2006 11:03 AM

Hi Everyone - nice to meet you. As I mentioned in another thread, I have been lurking here since late August & am just now ready to post. I know that sounds dumb, but we are so new to homeschooling (just since Sept) that I have just been soaking up all the great advice & have not really had anything to add. But, we are now getting the hang of things & really getting into a groove, so hopefully I will be here a bit more regularly. :D

Our son Jake is 4 1/2 & we are doing kindergarten curriculum with him. As I said, it took us a while to get into a groove, but things are going very well now & we are all really enjoying having more time as a family. That was really our biggest motivation for starting to homeschool. And part of the reason I think it took us a bit longer to get feeling "right" is that up until mid-August I was working full time (and have been since Jake was 9 months old), & I actually quit my job to stay at home when we made this homecshooling decision. So I'm adjusting to this new life on many levels. And some days are definitely better than others! :P

We live in Ontario, Canada - not sure if you have any other Canucks on the board - I haven't seen any yet. We do spend a great deal of time (several vacations a year) in the US, as most of my husband's family is there.

I'm not sure what else to tell you & I'm sure you're bored of hearing about me already :P so I'll leave it at that!

Happy Friday!!

Shery November 17th, 2006 11:08 AM

Hi Peggy,
I am glad to see a Canadian here! I have a lot of online Canadian friends because I used to post regularly at the Today's Parent forum. I have made some wonderful friends and learned so much about wonderful, beautiful Canada.
I look forward to getting to know you!

joandsarah77 November 17th, 2006 02:17 PM

A Canuck, beuty mate! about time there was another nationality. Give these yanks a run for there money. :D

Motherbird November 17th, 2006 02:51 PM

Welcome to the board Peggy. This is our first year homeschooling too. I have a son doing 5th/6th grade, a daughter working on 2nd/3rd grade and a 3 yr old preschooler. I also have a 1 yr old along for the ride.

Glad you're here. It's great having more people around to post!

JustAKrazymom November 17th, 2006 04:55 PM

Does it count if my Grandmother was a Canuck???..lol.. I'm Alison..this is our first year also.. Noah is 12 and in 7th, Declan is 4.5 ( almost 5) and doing K/1st grade stuff ( although we can't officially be approved for above grade level..and we don't even have to deal with the school dept until 2008), Jadziah is just 3 and learning basics and I have a 14.5 month old along for the ride!

Kangaroo510 November 17th, 2006 07:31 PM

Hi!!

I'm Jeana, I'm 22 and I'm the boards resident past homeschooler! I was homeschooled from k - 12 and loved it! My Daughter Dahlia is almost 12 weeks old and she is a future homeschooler! :D Don't be scared.. we love new meat... uh I mean new friends! LOL I'm just kidding! Do you guys want me to leave yet? :D I'm sorry, I should go to bed. I'm getting a bit loopy... Oh, and JO, deep down I really think I am an Aussie... I've been practicing by eating at OUTBACK!!! :) I think I'll go hunt down that picture of me in my G'Day Mate bathing suit so there is proof I'm from oz!

MissyPrincessEha November 17th, 2006 08:40 PM

Welcome again....and I just loved the intro.

We have 2 boys and are doing preschool and 2nd grade. :)

My_Serenity November 18th, 2006 03:41 PM

Hi Peggy and welcome!

ilovemy3wikids November 19th, 2006 10:02 AM

Hi and welcome :)

I don't post too much either but make sure to take the time to read. We are also 1st year homeschoolers. I have a DD who is 5 and doing mostly 1st grade work and a son who is 11 mo and doing baby work ( playing lol) :) This is a great board and everyone here is very supportive and helpful!

Not from Canada here but Wi is close lol!

Niamh ૐ November 19th, 2006 10:37 AM

Welcome!