JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/)
-   -   QOTD (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f32-homeschooling/723893-qotd.html)

Butter September 10th, 2007 11:30 AM

Do you think you would have liked being homeschooled as a kid? Or if you were homeschooled do you think you would have liked going out of the home to school?

-Tisha- September 10th, 2007 11:50 AM

I think I would have done a lot better if I was homeschooled and I think I would have went to college as well. I felt the ps system was ridculous even back then. <_<

Butter September 10th, 2007 12:00 PM

I went to public school for elementary and I wish I had been homeschooled the whole time!

Jenneve September 10th, 2007 12:48 PM

I think I would have enjoyed homeschooling if my mom had lived.

JustAKrazymom September 10th, 2007 01:51 PM

I would have loved HSing..my mother is NOT cut out for it though..she had little to do with our PS education never mind to be in charge of it herself totally.

grunig September 10th, 2007 02:11 PM

My mom would have had a tough time with it as well. I think if she had pulled me out at least before High School I would have been much better off.

joandsarah77 September 10th, 2007 02:16 PM

I would have loved to be home schooled. I strugled a lot at school and really came on well when dad gave me some one to one attention. Twice dad took me in hand. At 7 he taught me to read after I repeated grade 1, then in grade 6 he taught me maths. I don't think school taught me much at all.

KarateMom September 10th, 2007 03:55 PM

I think that I would have liked being homeschooled. I was always trying to play sick so I could stay home with my mom! I don't know how she would have fared, though!

Jenneve September 11th, 2007 06:05 AM

I was a HUGE Momma's girl! I was the "baby" so I was really pampered/babied by my mom. :D As for her teaching me, I remember in 4th grade, we were supposed to be learning fractions. I just couldn't get it! The teacher was getting so frustrated with me. Finally, I let my mom know how much trouble I was having with it and she got me to understand fractions in one sitting! She was always very involved with our school work. Now, this is a lady who didn't even finish high school. I went back to school and told the teacher that I understood fractions now because my mom taught me. She got SO mad! :huh: She didn't care that I actually understood the work. She was just ticked that I learned it from my mom instead of her. :lol: Her exact words were, "Your MOM taught you?! I'M your teacher!" :rolleyes:
So, yeah, I think I could've learned very well from my mom. ;)

Motherbird September 11th, 2007 08:02 AM

I liked school for K-6th grade and don't think I would have wanted to be homeschooled then. I didn't mind school in Jr. High but got into a lot of trouble those years. I would have been better served emotionally if I had been homeschooled in H.S. and my Mom almost did pull me out to homeschool me, but then I think she got scared of the whole thing and decided to keep me in school. Oh well, it all worked out in the end.

I wonder what my kids will say about having been homeschooled when they're older. Good question of the day.

joandsarah77 September 11th, 2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

"Your MOM taught you?! I'M your teacher!"[/b]
Oh my. I bet that same teacher is horrified by home schooling!

Jenneve September 11th, 2007 03:26 PM

Probably! She was not very nice at all. Of all the teachers I had while in school, she was one of my least favorites.