JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f186-housekeeping-home-decor-and-organization/)
-   -   Cleaning Schedule (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f186-housekeeping-home-decor-and-organization/2694212-cleaning-schedule.html)

LilSunshine November 22nd, 2013 07:41 PM

Cleaning Schedule

Do you have a cleaning schedule? If so, did you create it yourself or find it somewhere (online)?

Rainbow Momma November 23rd, 2013 06:58 AM

Re: Cleaning Schedule

I dont have one but i need one! i do a load of laundry almost everyday and clean the kitchen everyday but i get to the other stuff when i can

esparando para bebé November 23rd, 2013 07:12 AM

No, but I *REALLY* need one.

meant2bemommie December 3rd, 2013 11:32 PM

I don't have one because my children make every room a mess. So I have to daily do 15 minutes in each room just to maintain some type of order.

babyloves2dance December 16th, 2013 01:43 PM

I have one that I came up with myself. I divided my house into 7 areas and each day of the week I work on 1 area. I made a checklist of everything that needs done in each area and put it in a page protector so that I can check things off as I get them done.

LilSunshine December 29th, 2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyloves2dance (Post 27859351)
I have one that I came up with myself. I divided my house into 7 areas and each day of the week I work on 1 area. I made a checklist of everything that needs done in each area and put it in a page protector so that I can check things off as I get them done.

That sounds like a good idea! I feel like I might have some days where I wouldn't have time to focus on something though, and then I'd get behind. :/

babyloves2dance January 1st, 2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilSunshine (Post 27878320)
That sounds like a good idea! I feel like I might have some days where I wouldn't have time to focus on something though, and then I'd get behind. :/

There are times that we are gone or I do get behind. I just try to catch up with the area I missed the next day (along with the area already planned for that day). Otherwise I will just let it go for a week and make a special point to get it done the next week. Right now I am playing catch up from being gone and busy over Christmas. I've caught up on putting away all the new Christmas gifts, all the bedrooms, the living room, laundry, and most of the kitchen and dining rooms. I'm skipping cleaning the office this week because it isn't a room that people would see if they came over. Planning on finishing the kitchen and dining rooms and getting a head start on the mud room and bathrooms.