JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   If at First You Don't Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1757-if-first-you-dont-conceive/)
-   -   Evening primrose oil (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1757-if-first-you-dont-conceive/2469890-evening-primrose-oil.html)

daneeleigh January 2nd, 2012 10:50 PM

Evening primrose oil

Evening Primrose Oil Pregnancy | Pregnant Health

Have any of you ladies tried it for bettering hostile or non existent cervical mucus? I've been taking it for my pregnancy and boy does it make you produce a lot! I think it's worth a shot for some.

JennyLee January 3rd, 2012 08:47 AM

Re: Evening primrose oil

I haven't, but I might be interested. Does anyone know of any potential negatives?

daneeleigh January 3rd, 2012 08:59 AM

As far as what I've read on it, I haven't discovered anything. It does say though to only take in the beginning of your cycle, I think once you O you stop taking it for the month.

kbpeanut January 3rd, 2012 10:07 AM

That's really interesting! I might have to try that...I hardly get any CM at all!

Coley January 3rd, 2012 08:56 PM

Dani - I'm surprised you're still taking it, as it can cause uterine contractions. Because of this, they often say to switch to Flax Seed oil after ovulation and if you conceive, until the 34th week.

I stopped taking it because the idea of the contractions kinda freaked me out... So I've been thinking about doing Flax Seed oil instead.

daneeleigh January 3rd, 2012 09:55 PM

Oh no, my midwife just allowed me to start taking it and orally at that. Once I hit 37 weeks I can start using it vaginally. It shouldn't cause labor but it helps prime your cervix and helps make them more stretchy. Once you start dilating on your own though, it can help with the labor since it allows your cervix to be ready to open easier. Atleast this is the plan lol. The oils can also be used for the perineum messages once your full term, help get things stretched out down there and ready for baby to come out. I've been taking it for about a week now and I haven't had any contractions other than a few BHs which I've been having since 20 weeks.

But what's been explained to me:

CD1-CD14 or ovulation take EPO
Ovulation Day and on throughout pregnancy take Flax Seed
Third Trimester -Full Term take EPO orally
37 weeks and on start using vaginally

Servilia January 4th, 2012 07:16 AM

I took it and it didn't do anything for me. It has estrogenic activity so anyone concerned about estrogen dominance should do their research before taking it.

JennyLee January 10th, 2012 05:43 PM

I ordered some to try this cycle. I feel like I need to do SOMETHING different!

blueeyes25s January 11th, 2012 07:39 PM

KUP on how it works for you. I have researched it before but always hesitant to try something new.

KatieKat April 5th, 2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servilia (Post 25416962)
I took it and it didn't do anything for me. It has estrogenic activity so anyone concerned about estrogen dominance should do their research before taking it.

Just for anyone's information - my RE told me not to take it because of this reason. He said it wasn't a good idea.

Bunny.Love.Alicia October 13th, 2012 05:32 AM

I want to revive this thread...

I'm going to start EPO today which is cd2. I've read that also during menses the EPO helps with cramping and pms symptoms. So from today until O, I am going to take 4grams a day. That's 4 1,000mg capsules.

Jen@FirsAve October 13th, 2012 01:27 PM

Hi, I hope the EPO helps for you! I started taking it a while ago to help with my CM and found it worked really well. I had an off cycle this month for surgery so didn't take any and def noticed a difference!

KUP

blaundee September 8th, 2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coley (Post 25415922)
Dani - I'm surprised you're still taking it, as it can cause uterine contractions. Because of this, they often say to switch to Flax Seed oil after ovulation and if you conceive, until the 34th week.

I stopped taking it because the idea of the contractions kinda freaked me out... So I've been thinking about doing Flax Seed oil instead.

Yeah, I'd be afrad to take it... I've heard it used for bringing on a woman's period, and as a birth control to basically flush everything out... I myself would be afraid to use it if pregnant!