JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   If at First You Don't Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1757-if-first-you-dont-conceive/)
-   -   Soy (Soya) Isoflavones (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1757-if-first-you-dont-conceive/2494279-soy-soya-isoflavones.html)

sweet.hun February 26th, 2012 01:33 PM

Soy (Soya) Isoflavones

Anyone else experimenting with Soy besides me?

Soy is supposed to be nature's clomid. It first became popular with TTC in 2006 I believe. Here is the article I found on Soy.

TwoWeekWAIT.com - TTC Trends Newsletter - January 2006

There are some articles out there that state Soy shouldn't be taken if you have a regular cycle, but I know from other testimonials that Soy has been taken and used successfully by women with regular cycles. The idea is, if you ovulate naturally on your own, you should take Soy CD 3-7 or 5-10 to achieve a stronger egg. I started with CD 3-7 so we'll see what happens.

Baby Center and Fertility Friend have statistics that show about 85% of women get pregnant their first cycle of Soy usage. About 12% go on to miscarry which is pretty insignificant seeing as how 1 in 4 pregnancies will end in miscarriage anyway.

Coley February 29th, 2012 06:59 AM

Re: Soy (Soya) Isoflavones

I tried taking it for a cycle. I wasn't that impressed with the cycle, I O'd on CD 18 and only had a 10 day LP.

I know I've seen girls take it before and have it help their O, so it's certainly worth trying!! I hope it gets you your forever bean!

Belita February 29th, 2012 02:50 PM

I'm thinking of it depending on how the appointment with my doctor goes next week. Keep us posted! I hope it works for you and brings you your rainbow!

kbpeanut February 29th, 2012 05:20 PM

I tried it for a few cycles two years ago, and I didn't notice any changes - good or bad - with my cycle. I mentioned it to my (old) OB, and he said I didn't need it and to stop taking it?

Crystallee March 1st, 2012 04:12 AM

The only thing i would say as be careful as it doesn't work in the exact same way as clomid does and can mess things up for women who happen to be estrogen dominant to begin with. The only cycles I took it, I had long drawn out cycles that were more messed up than usual lol

sweet.hun March 1st, 2012 03:53 PM

Agreed. One thing I did notice is the extreme headache I had this cycle up until I ovulated and progesterone took over. I did ovulate on CD 14 like I usually do so thats a good thing!

Coley March 5th, 2012 09:14 AM

Nice!

Hope Soy does the trick for you!!

BabyBirdies March 5th, 2012 09:30 AM

A friend tried this and it worked for her - she had only ever gotten pregnant before through IVF, took this for one cycle and then stopped, and the next cycle was pregnant. She says she felt a definite difference in her hormones and cycles though, when she was taking it. It always depends on what exactly your difficulty is. It's nice to know that it has worked for at least one person. She's due in May, I think.

sweet.hun March 5th, 2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyBirdies (Post 25710023)
A friend tried this and it worked for her - she had only ever gotten pregnant before through IVF, took this for one cycle and then stopped, and the next cycle was pregnant. She says she felt a definite difference in her hormones and cycles though, when she was taking it. It always depends on what exactly your difficulty is. It's nice to know that it has worked for at least one person. She's due in May, I think.

That's awesome! I too felt different regarding my hormones and what not. I dunno. I'm 5 DPO today so we'll see!