JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Inlaws (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f280-inlaws/)
-   -   That's It Thursday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f280-inlaws/276211-s-thursday.html)

Chunky Monkey August 9th, 2006 10:49 PM

What was your last straw with your IL's where you toled them "enough is enough?"

DynamiteLotus August 9th, 2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

What was your last straw with your IL's where you toled them "enough is enough?"[/b]
Well, I've said that several times regarding my SIL. I don't know why I keep giving her chances...I suppose I love my husband that much. :P

I don't know that I've actually said, "Enough is enough" with my MIL or FIL...at least, I don't recall. I'm sure I was close when Matt and I were dating; they made his life miserable...I was so angry with them whenever he came to my house in tears after one of their talks.

Chunky Monkey August 10th, 2006 12:15 PM

About a year or so ago, I told my BIL and his wife that their snide comments were unwelcome, that it was disrespectful to my MIL & FIL to say those kinds of things in their house at family holidays. I told them if they had a problem with my DH or me, they needed to bring it up to us privately. We have since changed phone numbers because my BIL was ALWAYS calling us on our case about financial arrangements with my MIL....it is none of his darn business and as long as we pay my MIL she does not complain (we are buying our home from her). So now if he has a complaint, he can drop us an e-mail.

littleangel August 10th, 2006 03:23 PM

With my MIL I guess it was when I was tring hard to talk to her about how I felt when she came the last time with DH about to leave and having the new baby. And she got pissed off basically turning it all onto her and I jsut had it! We have not spoken much at all, only a couple e-mails since then, no phone or anything.

FamilyShorty August 11th, 2006 07:54 AM

I haven't told them. Seems to be getting better though. I'm not seeing them as much. :smile:

irishxrose August 11th, 2006 11:58 AM

I have yet to tell my MIL this, but if she and her stupid husband (not even good enough to be called a Step-FIL!) don't stop smoking around my son when they babysit, they're not going to be allowed to see him!!!

Cyndee August 12th, 2006 02:26 PM

lol that is a good one.... I have so many I lost count.. And it would take a novel to tell them all..

But here is one.. I blew up when my MIL yanked a toy that Walker was playing with just to give it to Braxton just because he was crying for it.. It made me mad that Braxton didn't want it until he seen Walker with it.. I told her that I was not going to raise my kids that way... And told her Braxton was not going to turn out like Kegan