JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Islamic Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f187-islamic-parenting/)
-   -   Hola! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f187-islamic-parenting/2500340-hola.html)

beyondbrowneyes March 11th, 2012 07:18 PM

Hola!

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here, a Muslim, married for almost 3 years and ttc for the very first time! We just tried last week and so every symptom right now seems like a pg symptom. Totally KNOW I'm going crazy and can't wait to test :D

shilo March 12th, 2012 02:11 AM

Re: Hola!

Assalamou alaikum :) I've been there. So many times I was looking up this symptom or that symptom! The funny thing is, when I did get pregnant, I just KNEW! I don't even know how I knew! I tested at the earliest possibility but I knew what it was going to be and I wasn't surprised.

beyondbrowneyes March 16th, 2012 07:24 PM

neat! :) why is this board so dead? come on ladies!!!

shilo March 19th, 2012 01:36 AM

I dunno, people come and go I guess! There haven't been any topics really about raising kids in Islam lately for a while, maybe you can revitalize us :)

Right now I'm trying to find a muslim preschool/daycare for my son that will fit with my work schedule! There are not many options!

beyondbrowneyes March 19th, 2012 04:03 PM

whereabouts are you located?

MamaAnna March 21st, 2012 06:00 AM

This board has never been overly active. Most of us seem to have turned to FB or otherwise vanished.

shilo March 31st, 2012 09:49 PM

I'm in Oregon :) Where are you located beyondbrowneyes? Let's get this board rolling again!

beyondbrowneyes April 1st, 2012 03:13 PM

Absolutely! I'm from Chicago :)

~FaRRaH~ June 9th, 2012 07:53 AM

so slow that we ran to FB.. Shilo how is the daycare search going?

shilo June 10th, 2012 12:41 AM

We started the new daycare about a month ago (non-islamic, unfortunately, though I was trying to find one that was that would be compatible). He's going twice a week, and I think he's enjoying it for the most part but it's been a bit rocky, both with him adjusting to all the new stuff, and bringing home some undesirable new behaviors from the other kids.

andyde June 19th, 2012 10:55 PM

I am happy to see Muslims chat going there in a separate discussion.

shilo July 15th, 2012 02:07 AM

How did your testing go, beyondbrowneyes? :)

beyondbrowneyes July 16th, 2012 10:24 AM

nothing so far, hence have taken a break

shilo July 18th, 2012 05:17 PM

Sometimes when you stop trying that does the trick too when you least expect it :) good luck! How is everything else going? Ready for Ramadan?

beyondbrowneyes July 20th, 2012 12:11 PM

Thanks :) I am currently in Pakistan, visiting after a realllly long time and completely pumped up for Ramadan (its starting here tomorrow) cannot wait to celebrate eid here :D

shilo July 20th, 2012 03:36 PM

Yay! Ramadan starts tomorrow where I am too. I have never celebrated Ramadan or Eid in a muslim majority country-- that should be really exciting! I have to work hard to get a "festive" atmosphere here for my son with just the 2 of us! :D