JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Islamic Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f187-islamic-parenting/)
-   -   Salaam sistas! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f187-islamic-parenting/2553924-salaam-sistas.html)

LindseyF July 26th, 2012 10:33 AM

Salaam sistas!

Salaam, everyone, & Ramadan Mubarak! :) My name's Lindsey & my husband of 8 years & I converted to Islam 4.5 years ago, elhamdolillah (he's 100% Syrian but his family isn't religious.at.all.). We have a 19 m/o & are expecting a little girl this Dec, insha'Allah. I see this board's not very active but I sure hope to get to know some of y'all :)

shilo July 27th, 2012 01:56 AM

Re: Salaam sistas!

Welcome Lindsey and wa alaikum essalam! :D Ramadan Mubarak to you and you family as well, it's great to see you here! I just became host of the board recently and am looking to bring it back to life. Insha'allah as others realize it's going again they will join! How is Ramadan going for your family? :)

LindseyF August 1st, 2012 11:10 AM

DH & I are the only ones that observe Ramadan in both our families, but it's going fantastic for us. I'm not able to fast, so I'm trying to make up for that in many other areas! How's yours been?!

shilo August 3rd, 2012 12:40 AM

Mine has been okay so far :) it is just me and my son in my family (he is far too young to fast) so this year has mostly been focused on talking about it with him, as he is just getting old enough to understand. He has been joining me for iftar and suhoor some days so that is nice :).

I remember having a hard time when I was pregnant/nursing with my son and not fasting, hope your Ramadan is still feeling festive! I tried to get into the spirit at that time by doing Taraweeh, which helped a little (none of that this year with the late hrs since he really has to be asleep by then).

What are you doing to help make Ramadan special while not fasting? I bet there are some other sisters on here going through that right now, I definitely could have used some tips at that time myself :)

~FaRRaH~ August 30th, 2012 01:48 PM

Hi and welcome!

I am Farrah mom to Islam and Sumaiya they are 8 and 4. I am american, converted to Islam almost 7 years ago, alhumdulillah. My husband, Islam, is Egyptian however he is the only one of his family that lives in the states. InshAllah we plan to move to Egypt in 2014.

AmiraX4 November 23rd, 2012 01:26 AM

Wa alaykum asalamm....I just saw this section!! cant believe theres one here...Nice to meet all you sisters. Hope everyones rahmadan went well....
I am living in Saudi Arabia. Looking forward to going back to states in the new year inshallah..

Safs November 25th, 2012 03:49 AM

Hey Asa Lindsey,
Well thought Id start sticking my neck out and making friends. Nice to see other reverts on here. Anything you/or anyone want to ask or chat about just let me know. Not working at the moment so I have oh so much time....(scowl)...until I get registration to work here, which is any time now.

Safs

ummsultan December 19th, 2012 12:14 PM

Wa alaikum salam, My name is Mai and I converted 17 yrs ago. Been married to my husband, who is from Kuwait, for 15 yrs. I'm expecting #8 in Aug.

~FaRRaH~ February 14th, 2013 03:52 PM

mashAllah wonderful to see more Muslimahs here