JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Islamic Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f187-islamic-parenting/)
-   -   ***Jan-Nov 2013 Chat Thread*** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f187-islamic-parenting/2614660-jan-nov-2013-chat-thread.html)

AmiraX4 January 14th, 2013 09:59 AM

***Jan-Nov 2013 Chat Thread***

Salamalaykum sisters....Just thought I would try and give a chat thread something for any of us that check into this board but dont really have thread to start. I'll start and inshallah someone will jump in with me....

AmiraX4 January 19th, 2013 05:17 PM

Re: ***Jan. Chat Thread***

So I just got back into the states and am having alot of jet lag this time around. Maybe cus of being in early pregnancy? not sure. Kids are adjusting well though. Am entertaining today and most likely tomorrow and am taking a breather...

Inshallah this week will be getting the young ones registered for school and preschool then it will be just me and baby B at home for part of the day. Will be interesting now that I can drive.

vicky.j January 20th, 2013 02:59 AM

W. Salam Amira. So you have 2 children? I have a baby girl. She is too stubborn day by day. I'm giving an extra care about this, because i don't want my baby doing such things by her anger. She is also very intelligent. Sometimes i surprised to see her intellectuality. Please pray for us. Have a good day.

AmiraX4 January 21st, 2013 09:03 AM

Sallam...Vicky---no I actually have 7 kids and pregnant with #8 alhamdillah. Inshallah things get easier with your daughter and sounds like you doing great with that. I know that really smart kids can sometimes get angry at some things because they are too smart. Alhamdiallh she catch up with her smarts soon and things will not be frustrating for her. I will be praying.

How many children do have? Do you have any experience with public school settings for young children?

AmiraX4 January 26th, 2013 02:16 PM

Wow alhamdillah had a crazy busy week....but got DD1 to school. Am a little anxious about it being the first time in public school here in the states. Anyhow will update later how it goes but so far so good she gets along with the teacher really well and says the teacher kept calling her sweetheart so praying things go smoothly.

I think I will be hosting a dinner lecture at my home soon inshallah. Planning to invite the muslim community and get my young ones enrolled in the Saudi school. I really think they will need the continued saudi education and Quran studies offered so will be happy once Dh gets that finished with sign up. Anyone else here have children enrolled in the Saudi school? my older boys were in full time when they were young and it was awesome.

beyondbrowneyes January 29th, 2013 08:52 AM

Whereabouts in the States are you? I'm in Chicago and used to teach at a public elementary school. From what I gathered, public elementary schools here are pretty good so no worries about religious/moral conflicts (except ofcourse dietary restrictions). How old is your daughter thats going to school? I'd be more concerned if she was going to a public middle/high school. I am expecting my first one in March and I'm already looking at schooling options for her once she turns 2 lol.

I'm kinda curious about Saudi school. I haven't heard of one here in Chicago, although I do know of quite a few muslim schools in different suburbs. Are those the ones u are referring to?

AmiraX4 January 30th, 2013 08:08 PM

Im on the west coast. yah I agree the elmentry school my DD is attending is great as far as acedemics, and the food things should not be problem as they are aware of that. Its the holiday things that have me worried and the influence of that on my young children. I dont want them to get used to it.

How awesome your a teacher! Are you planning on teaching again? No Im talking about the community masjed type schools. I dont really like the ones offered here. The Saudi goverment actually funds and sets up Saudi schools for Saudis here in the states. They are really great! Im not sure about one being in Chicago But will ask my husband. He is Saudi and knows more about it than me. But if your interested I will try and get some info for you.

beyondbrowneyes February 7th, 2013 08:33 PM

I've taken a break ever since I found out I was pregnant. I plan on getting back into the job force once my munchkin starts preschool :)

AmiraX4 February 9th, 2013 07:18 AM

Re: ***Jan/Feb Chat Thread***

Just thought Id give a quick update....

So its been a busy month around here.. DD1 is doing great with school so far. The other 2 will start pubilc school in Sept. inshallah. so it will be just DD3 home and the new baby when she comes. Fun times.

Had my U/s and looks like its a girl inshallh!!! so that makes it even now....

~FaRRaH~ February 14th, 2013 04:47 PM

MashAllah. no experience with public schools we homeschool. May Allah bless the birth and may she be healthy.

AmiraX4 February 16th, 2013 07:18 PM

Thank you....thats great that you homeschool.

AmiraX4 February 19th, 2013 10:10 AM

So I have never bought an abaya online before because I always get them from Saudia when we are there or from UAE when we go there for small vacations. But I wanted to see what the quality would be like so I found a dress like one that you could actually get in different colors?!? strange but kinda neat I guess so it should take like a week to arrive.

Has anyone else ever ordered an abaya online with sucess and is it good enough quality to really wear outside?

beyondbrowneyes February 28th, 2013 05:08 PM

don't have any experience with that...my mom and sis recently went for umrah and got theirs from a store in pakistan.

AmiraX4 March 2nd, 2013 12:53 PM

hhmm...alhamdillah they went for umrah but Im wondering how they ended up in Pakistan for abayas??!!?? thats a long ways away from Mecca .

However, I did recieve my order and lool before we ordered it online we called the website phn number and I asked the lady where its coming from and she replied ' California' ...well that was great cus it would take no time to arrive. Well the indian lady that answered my question didnt tell me it was being shipped from INDIA!!! thats really funny.

I have to say though its not half bad. It was cheap so I wasnt expecting alot but seriously its a cute dress not an abaya though. I like it and will wear it. But I think I will stick with buying mine in Saudia.

beyondbrowneyes March 11th, 2013 11:30 PM

lol they were visiting family in pakistan

AmiraX4 April 12th, 2013 10:19 AM

Re: ***Jan-Nov 2013 Chat Thread***

So we found a new farmer for buying our sheeps. Buying pieces from the Halal store is a little spendy plus its just not that great of quality as appose to selecting our own and with as much goat and lamb that we eat its not pratical. We will just start buying a whole sheep or goat and then freezing them.

Nothing much to add but hope everyone has a great weekend.

AmiraX4 November 3rd, 2013 10:09 AM

Just thought I would check in again. Not a lot new here. Doing public school with 2 of my little ones here and then private arabic school in the evenings 3x's a week for 3 of them.

Inshallah hoping to see some new members on the board!

AmiraX4 December 21st, 2013 10:38 AM

Wow the year is almost over alhamdillah!!

3 of my youngs ones just had their last set of finals for arabic school and they are off for a couple of weeks. Its a pass so its ice cream cake night!!! yeeahh mashallah!