JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Wwyd (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2519047-wwyd.html)

1stbaby April 25th, 2012 11:28 AM

Wwyd

What would you do if you found out you were having multiples?

Would you be happy/sad?

Would it put a financial strain on you?

Would it change your mind on going back to work if you are currently planning to?

minalyn April 25th, 2012 11:59 AM

Re: Wwyd

Well my mother is a twin, 4 sets on her side, and my dad had a set on his side. Out of my 3 siblings nobody has had twins yet so I think I'd be excited.

Would you be happy/sad?
Happy because then I won't have to go through labor twice! Since I'm in the Air Force I only get 6 months to work off what took 9 months to put!

Strain... No, only if my husband decides to stay in and not go to school full time.

Would it change your mind on going back to work if you are currently planning to?
I don't think so. How could you not want to get out of the house with 2!! newborns lol

1stbaby April 25th, 2012 02:44 PM

My DH teases that we would sell on on eBay to pay for the other....completely joking. I would be shocked and scared to death.

Would you be happy/sad?
I would eventually be happy after teh shock wore off.

Yes, we would have to either figure out a way for one of us to stay home, move somewhere cheaper, or lower our retirement contributions.

Possibly. We would then have 4 in daycare and that would be one huge bill.

KellyCat April 25th, 2012 04:13 PM

What would you do if you found out you were having multiples? I would be shocked!

Would you be happy/sad? Happy!

Would it put a financial strain on you? Right now it would. We just went through a big move last month and I was planning on going back to work after we got settled. But surprise surprise..we ended up pregnant and we decided it would be easier for me not to go back to work right now.

Would it change your mind on going back to work if you are currently planning to? I still wouldn't go back to work...the price of daycare around here is outrageous!!!

michellelb April 26th, 2012 08:11 AM

I would have to think about those answers after I picked myself up off the floor. LOL It would make things tough but after struggling to get this bean I would have to consider it a blessing.

Lucky Mama April 28th, 2012 11:50 AM

What would you do if you found out you were having multiples? Pass out, maybe? :giggle:

Would you be happy/sad? Happy, after the initial shock!

Would it put a financial strain on you? Probably, a bit. We'd make it work.

Would it change your mind on going back to work if you are currently planning to? I'm a SAHM, so I'm always at work!

Lintu April 28th, 2012 12:20 PM

What would you do if you found out you were having multiples? Freak out!

Would you be happy/sad? At first I'd probably not be very happy.

Would it put a financial strain on you? Not significantly.

Would it change your mind on going back to work if you are currently planning to? Yeah, I doubt I'd go back if I had to pay for care for three kids.