JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Haven't posted on JM for a very long time... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2521210-havent-posted-jm-for-very-long-time.html)

iamkc May 1st, 2012 05:11 AM

Haven't posted on JM for a very long time...

Hi! I'm Jessica. I used to be a post-aholic, but then I moved to the middle of nowhere without internet, and then I found Facebook once I did have internet! :)

This is a giant surprise. I have 2 boys, 5 and almost 4 (next month). We were preventing. My husband doesn't even know yet. I had a "feeling" about it a couple of days ago, when I think that I first missed my period. But a Dollar Tree test at night said no way. For whatever reason, I still felt funny about it and tested yesterday morning with another Dollar Tree test. Not even a hint of a line. Again, I couldn't shake the feeling, so I took an equate test this morning. Quick and strong positive. 1) I will not trust Dollar Tree tests again. 2) I will not trust Durex condoms again. ;)

I'm terrified because I just found out. I'm terrified because I've had many losses. And I'm terrified because this is TERRIBLE timing. I'm also thrilled. Mark didn't want more, but mostly because I'm not in great health (though, apparently, my fertility is better than we thought), he's starting law school this year or next, and we're moving across the country at the end of summer. We're not really financially stable because of everything coming up, and he'll be gone for 6 weeks at the end of this month. I'm rambling. I'm nervous. Sorry. Hahahahaha

*Deep breath* OK, hi. I'm Jessica. I think that I might be due January 6th.

michellelb May 1st, 2012 05:42 AM

Re: Haven't posted on JM for a very long time...

welcome Jessica, and congrats! Sometimes the best things happen at the not so best time!

iamkc May 1st, 2012 05:54 AM

Thank you! Our last one was a prevented surprise, too! Seriously, for someone who was told she could never have kids, then never stay pregnant, then tried for years to have the first one, I seem to be the queen of prevented surprises! I'm not complaining. I absolutely adore my last surprise (and his very planned brother)! I'm just nervous. You know how you start wondering what other people will think, how people will look at you, etc? I just can't help it. I just found out an hour ago, so I'm frantically running through all those things already. We have no insurance, either, so I'm not thrilled about that. :/

Babyschultz May 1st, 2012 06:13 AM

Welcome and congrats!

Lucky Mama May 1st, 2012 08:19 AM

Hi and welcome! I'm Brittney and our third is due January 8th.

I can understand how you feel. Our BFP wasn't a complete surprise, but I am worried about how people will react. My dad especially. He is a wonderful grandpa, but he is never thrilled to find out we're expecting. Plus, he HATES that I do home births and spends nine months being standoff-ish and refusing to acknowledge my pregnancy. It makes me sad.

I'm sure things will work out fine for you. It may be hard for a while, but I believe that some things are meant to be. When are you going to tell your DH?

P.S. Thanks for the heads up about Durex condoms! :giggle:

WENDYLL22 May 1st, 2012 08:20 AM

Welcome to the board. I enjoyed this intro post. I think regardless or the circumstances you are taking the "news" as best you can and probably very much like the rest of us....a day at a time. No matter what is or will be thrown your way you can handle it. I can certainly feel your er...grief over the not trying part because I was on BCP and taking is correctly. A surprise is not something I was ready for but each day I am finding some light in the situation. I hope this helps some. Glad you are back and we are all here for support. :)

i:heart:you May 1st, 2012 02:52 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

minalyn May 1st, 2012 03:30 PM

What are your plans for telling DH?