JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Clots?!?! Need advice, please! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2521487-clots-need-advice-please.html)

Lucky Mama May 1st, 2012 11:34 AM

Clots?!?! Need advice, please!

Are you kidding me?! I finally start to believe this is a real, healthy pregnancy and I start to bleed with clots?!

It's not a lot of blood, it's only there when I wipe, but it is red and there were three very tiny clots in it. I don't really have any cramps, just the mild pressure I've had for almost 2 weeks.

I feel sick. Has anyone ever had this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? I am terrified of a miscarriage. :cries:

michellelb May 1st, 2012 11:53 AM

Re: Clots?!?! Need advice, please!

I know a lot of people say they have bled and had healthy pregnancies but I would call your dr if for no other reason than some peace of mind. Praying for you! KUP!!

1stbaby May 1st, 2012 11:57 AM

I second what Michelle says. I think anything is pretty much a go in pregnancy, but I would also be calling.

Babyschultz May 1st, 2012 01:01 PM

I agree call you doctor and get checked out.

Purple_cat May 1st, 2012 01:05 PM

I know that lots of people bleed in early pregnancy and go on to have healthy babies. Can you call your midwife and ask her about it?

Lucky Mama May 1st, 2012 02:11 PM

I've had bleeds before, but never clots. That's what has got me so freaked out.

I called my midwife and she said that it could be any one of a number of things:
-nothing at all
-subchorionic bleed
-bleeding from my cervix
-if I did conceive at the beginning of April, it's possible that I conceived again and missed having a full miscarriage and that is what I'm seeing now (but this pregnancy would be unaffected)
-start of a miscarriage

She said there's really not too much to be done. We could do an u/s, but it likely wouldn't show us much more than the sac, let alone if the pregnancy is viable. She just said to try and relax and watch for increased bleeding, large clots or intense cramping.

I have to say, I love my midwife. I've been bugging her for weeks about all of this and she is always so kind and is great at talking me down from a ledge. I feel much calmer now and I will leave it in God's hands, though I don't know if I can stop worrying 100% until I see a heartbeat in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for the support and encouragement!

WENDYLL22 May 1st, 2012 02:18 PM

I am glad you got some good information from your midwife. Please keep us posted!

Purple_cat May 1st, 2012 02:22 PM

I am glad you were able to talk to your midwife. I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing.

michellelb May 1st, 2012 05:27 PM

How are you doing now? Anymore bleeding?

Babyschultz May 1st, 2012 06:10 PM

Hope your doing better, glad you got to talk to your midwife. The first trimester is so nerve racking.

Lintu May 1st, 2012 07:21 PM

Your midwife had a lot of great ideas! My first thought was subchorionic hematoma, but the missed miscarriage of the *previous* pregnancy makes sense to me, too. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you for sure.

iamkc May 1st, 2012 08:56 PM

Oh, how scary! I'm glad that the midwife is so amazing at calming you down! My docs in the past have never been so thorough and helpful. She is a treasure! Of course, I hope that this is nothing to worry about. Blood is always scary, I know. :(

michellelb May 2nd, 2012 05:43 AM

How are you today Brittney?

1stbaby May 2nd, 2012 06:24 AM

Are you still doing ok today?

rlh27 May 2nd, 2012 07:48 AM

*lurking from Dec DDC*

Brittney, definitely call your doctor and get checked out, but I wanted you to know that I had something similar from 4.5- 6.5 weeks happen to me and my pregnancy is progressing perfectly now :) Sending T&P your way!

Lucky Mama May 2nd, 2012 07:57 AM

Sorry, I went to bed early last night and have had trouble rousing myself from my pregnancy stupor this morning. So. Tired. :giggle:

I had some really, really super watered down spotting (like almost couldn't see the pink on the TP) after I talked to my midwife. Since then, nothing. No cramps or anyting. I'm feeling a lot better and am taking it all as a good sign! I am willing this little bean it be healthy!

Thanks for your concern! You girls are so sweet! :wub:

michellelb May 2nd, 2012 08:12 AM

YAY!! That is so awesome!!!! Little bean is all cozy!!!:D

*Bobbie* May 2nd, 2012 09:27 AM

With Daniel I had A LOT of bleeding and clotting, some pretty large. I had brown stringy blood too. It started right away and lasted for weeks. I was certain it was over. When I picked up his HB on the doppler at 7 1/2 weeks... you can imagine my shock. He is now a 19 month old terror :wub:

Lucky Mama May 2nd, 2012 09:46 AM

Thanks for the encouraging story, Bobbie! I'm glad someone else experienced clots and had a healthy baby at the end! :phew:

P.S. Your 19 month old terror and his brother are ADORABLE!!!

KellyCat May 2nd, 2012 11:18 AM

I know I'm late but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and I hope the bleeding stays away!